96 CR250

dirtysquared

DirtyDirty
Jun 30, 2013
South Western PA
My friend Jeff bought a Cr250 today. It runs well, but I cant get the thing to idle at all. I cleaned the carb, set the floats, and no matter what way I adjust the idle screw, it wants to stall.

When I try adjusting the air idle screw its non responsive. Do you think the pilot jet is too large?

Its a Keihien PJ carb, not sure of the mm.

It runs good, but will stall. I'm not sure where to go with it.

Fred

My buddy's cr doesn't like to idle ether. We did it all and still it idles for a few seconds. I think its because it doesn't want to idle and just wants to be ripped lol .

the 99 cr125 i just put in my blaster project does it. but i figured it to be the chipped reed petal. but im not sure 100% im still working on it.

the 99 cr125 i just put in my blaster project does it. but i figured it to be the chipped reed petal. but im not sure 100% im still working on it.

I've been reading up on these, and reeds came up quite a few times. I'm going to pull the carb again tomorrow and look in on the reeds. Thanks Dave!

maybe to big a pilot.Jard to say.But if the air fuel screw does nothing it may be whats plug look like?black?

we put a new plug in it, and It actually looks good. A touch darker than normal, but ok. I'm going to get back into it tomorrow before we go riding.

I've been reading up on these, and reeds came up quite a few times. I'm going to pull the carb again tomorrow and look in on the reeds. Thanks Dave!

we put a new plug in it, and It actually looks good. A touch darker than normal, but ok. I'm going to get back into it tomorrow before we go riding.
Check to make sure that the air idle mixture screw tip is not damaged and rubber seal inside carb is ok . Spray carb cleaner in passage and back through air horn vent passage . Check to see if idle jet is too large. Stock jetting was 52 pilot and 175 main. Check tip on idle screw and slide for worn / damage.

Last edited: