+6" Wideneing Kit

Hi there,

Does anybody have a few up close up photos of this kit fitted please?

I got my kit yesterday, and for the life of me cannot figure it out! I'm not a total dumb ass but this seems odd to me.

I have looked at the dj customs guide for the blaster but the upper A-arm mounts are stepped at each end rather than straight as shown.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

This is the bes I have.

image.jpg

I have looked at the dj customs guide for the blaster but the upper A-arm mounts are stepped at each end rather than straight as shown.

Ryan

sounds like you got the conversion kit that allows the use of longer shocks
does the stepped sections have multiple holes ?

on their website they list a +6 or +4.5 widening kit, and also a +6.0" Front Wide. and Shock Conversion Kit
http://www.diamondjcustoms.com/widening/yamaha/blaster-200.htm

the +6 conversion kit should allow the use of the stock shocks, or the other 2 higher holes allow you to use longer shocks like the yfz450 shocks shown in the 2 pics on the right below \/

dj.jpg

Hi guys.

Yes I have to shock conversion kit but that is not the issue currently.

The lower mounts are straight. Do you fill the gaps with washers there to make a proper fit, and do you need longer bolts than before to attach lower a-arms?

The upper mounts are stepped as shown:

Not sure if that link will work, I've never been good with photo bucket lol!

So yeah these top 2 mounts are stepped unlike any of the fitting or fitted photos, help please! :)

Ryan

I found that I had to space with washers and get 2 longer bolts.

Be warned that the tie rod extensions are weak and may bend on rough terrain.

It would pay to get aftermarket longer tie rods.

Thanks Blaaster. Do you have some up close pics of your kit fitted?

I still do not understand the stepped layout for the top a-arm as opposed to all the diagrams being straight.

Also longer bolts? okay, so I will need 3 for each side? Pretty poor that this isn't provided with the kit do you not think?

Yeah thanks, I will see about aftermarket tie rods once the rest of the quad is back together.

Ow sorry mate, i've sorted it now thanks. Looking quite good. need some longer bolts (which I will pick up tomorrow ) and I will be laughing. Hopefully the 450r shocks will be here tomorrow and the reconstruction can commence!!
:)

I must admit the fitting of the Lads had me scratching my head for a while.

You may find that bump steer will increase a little, it can be helped by altering the toe settings.

If I remember a little more toe out is required.