44mph max speed

Ayeitsnico

Apr 10, 2020
This is low isnt it. I tested max speed and while i wasnt full throttle in sixth gear it was roaring super loud so i decided to stop... compression was like 112 a couple months ago but it still starts easy, does this mean i need a new top end? Wasnt really looking to put more money into it considering it feels like the clutch is bad since it clicks into neutral sometimes

I mean yeah sounds like its losing compression but its all on you man,you wanna fix it and keep rollin or call it quits and move on.

This is low isnt it. I tested max speed and while i wasnt full throttle in sixth gear it was roaring super loud so i decided to stop... compression was like 112 a couple months ago but it still starts easy, does this mean i need a new top end? Wasnt really looking to put more money into it considering it feels like the clutch is bad since it clicks into neutral sometimes
Sure your clutch is not slipping?some free
Play in lever?

Sure your clutch is not slipping?some free
Play in lever?
I just checked and theres like no freeplay at all, does it seem like i need a new top end rebuild or do people just buy new piston rings when compression is low? Also, the guy i got it from said that its bored but im not sure to what size, how do i know what size kit i need?

I just checked and theres like no freeplay at all, does it seem like i need a new top end rebuild or do people just buy new piston rings when compression is low? Also, the guy i got it from said that its bored but im not sure to what size, how do i know what size kit i need?
You find out what size by tearing it down and assessing the damage. If the cylinder walls are damaged, you may need a bore. Then the machine shop typically will order the piston size you need after machining. But first step is tearing it down.

You find out what size by tearing it down and assessing the damage. If the cylinder walls are damaged, you may need a bore. Then the machine shop typically will order the piston size you need after machining. But first step is tearing it down.
How about if the cylinder has no gouges do i need to hone it or is it ok to skip tthehoning? How much for a shop to bore or hone? Thanks

Do not tear your bike apart yet!!!!!. Adjust clutch cable at clutch lever so you have a 1/8 inch. Or 2-3 mm free play in clutch lever.screw adjustment in some to get free play