+4 swingarm plus 400ex shock and banshee front shock what do you think??

rgmonras

Nov 15, 2010
Temuco, Chile
Hi guys, i got a a 96 blaster with a few mods and i was thinking about upgrade the suspension, so what about to put in a 400ex shock on the rear with a +4 swingarm and on the front yamaha banshee shocks, im a heavy rider and i ride a lot of trails and sometimes on the track but not to much
70% on trails and 30% on the track, its that a good setup? i need i few advices about this, i allways read this forum and its been helping me a lot, if you guys can help me will be great, thanks, c yaa

wider axle and a arms help too alot, also some say banshees arnt that great of an aprovment i would find like machzs or somthin of a sled if its your on a budget other wise works or elka 400ex is good and swingers good too lol

+4 swinger and banshhe front with a 400ex rear makes a world of difference!!!!! thats what i run on trails

that setup will do you just fine for the trails and light track duty

Thanks you guys a lot, but what will be better? the 450ex rear shock or the 400ex rear shock. what about that you have to mod the air box? i got fmf full exhaust and pipe, rick hot box cdi , fmf dynojet kit with no air box lid and wiseco piston, thats all i got in my motor and it runs pretty well, what do you think?? ill show you guys some pics later, thanks a lot c yaa

get the 400ex shock, same as the 450r in performance, except the 450r has an offset rezzie which requires you to cut the front fender mount and frame tab off the kicker side
the 400ex is a straight fit, but you'll need to either make some bushings or order a set from ken oconnor, he makes them and they make the top mount a 5 minute job, seems our blaster shock has an oversized bolt, the honda trx400,450 and 250 all have a smaller bolt, these bushings solve that
you can visit his website here..........
Ken OConnor Racing, High Performance Motocross Engines, Performance Modifications, Motorcycle valve jobs, Motorcycle Crankshaft Rebuilds, Motocross Cylinder Porting, Motocross Cylinder Head Porting
or pm him to order or info here at .............
http://www.blasterforum.com/members/oconnor-racing-8014/

i plan on running a +4 swinger, and already have ken o connors bushings and 400ex shock. i havent rode it yet, nor will i get to till after xmas, but i can already tell a difference.

i was also lucky enough to pick up a set of works shocks from blasterd, and once again i havent rode it, but omg it is a huge difference. they are off a banshee valved for a 225 rider, which is perfect cause i m 225 or 230, i just hope they work ok for the blaster.

they are much more responsive ad independent then the blaster or banshee shocks. i cant wait to get out and ride through some rough terrain, and some decent jumping!!!!