4 Stroke Ass Whoopin'!

Which One?

• Total voters

tjguthrie16

Mar 24, 2008
Angola, IN
I need to know what kind of 4 stroke can beat a DS650 in a 1/2 mile race. The rules are no nitro and must be 4 stroke.

Thanks, TJ

wow no joke? i will have to look into it...i no ktm technology is pretty nice but i didnt know tht the 525 could whoop a 700 rap...

with enough dough anyone of them could win. With the least mods though it's a toss up between the Katoom and the Rappy.

I know firsthand that a rappy 700 with the speed limiter removed will spank a ds650. Mine pulled away no problem and I don't have much done to it at all, just a power commander, texas quad k&n intake, airbox lid removed, speed limiter removed, and the stock baffle taken out of the exhaust.

Aside from the straight-line power, it's a hell of a lot easier to throw a raptor 700 around and get it to do what you want it to. A ds650 is more like a fast tractor with shocks.

I know firsthand that a rappy 700 with the speed limiter removed will spank a ds650. Mine pulled away no problem and I don't have much done to it at all, just a power commander, texas quad k&n intake, airbox lid removed, speed limiter removed, and the stock baffle taken out of the exhaust.

Aside from the straight-line power, it's a hell of a lot easier to throw a raptor 700 around and get it to do what you want it to. A ds650 is more like a fast tractor with shocks.

with ya there hey kinnda off topic but are you on raptor fprum too i am dont go on there muuch tho :">

not to piss anyone off..but if you wanna out run em both just go down and buy ya a Can Am renegade 800!!! you'll out run them both and go twice as far!!! im not a Can Am fan or really a sport utility fan..but i know from riding my uncles, the renegades are the real deal!!!

with ya there hey kinnda off topic but are you on raptor fprum too i am dont go on there muuch tho :">

Yeah, I am on raptor forum, I think I have like 1 or 2 posts there. That site got so big that you can get almost any answer you need with a couple minutes of searching.

I've been trying to stay away from it though, and avoid what happened with my warrior. I was on yfm350central so often that I saw all the cool sh*t that everybody else had, and decided that I needed it for myself, spent 4 grand on aftermarket parts real quick that way.

not to piss anyone off..but if you wanna out run em both just go down and buy ya a Can Am renegade 800!!! you'll out run them both and go twice as far!!! im not a Can Am fan or really a sport utility fan..but i know from riding my uncles, the renegades are the real deal!!!

Ugh, that's personal opinion right there. Sure, they're fast in a straight line, but I rode one and it just didn't impress me. The whole thing kind a rememinded me of a polaris trail boss, just with 10 times the power. The power is horribly useless in them though, they handle like the top-heavy utility quad that's hidden under the sporty-ish plastics, and they jump about as good as my warrior did, that's not good. The whole automatic transmission thing makes me want to vomit too, I can't stand that belt driven wussy crap.

I'll take my 700r over that canadian junk any day. I guarantee if I put another 2 grand in a raptor, to match the price those can-ams sell for, i'd totally blow it out of the water power-wise. Not that you would need more power to compete with a can-am, I bet most of you guys could even take a can-am in real world riding situations with your blasters. Power is only a small part of the equation when you're riding on a track or trails, you gotta be able to make the quad do what you want it to and that's hard when it weighs 600 lbs and the center of balance is at seat level...

Yeah, I am on raptor forum, I think I have like 1 or 2 posts there. That site got so big that you can get almost any answer you need with a couple minutes of searching.

I've been trying to stay away from it though, and avoid what happened with my warrior. I was on yfm350central so often that I saw all the cool sh*t that everybody else had, and decided that I needed it for myself, spent 4 grand on aftermarket parts real quick that way.

ya same here i dont even remember my screen name lol but look in the post you cars and trucks and you see my profile at the end i posted my cars leave me a message or somthing next time your onI:I:)B-)

Ugh, that's personal opinion right there. Sure, they're fast in a straight line, but I rode one and it just didn't impress me. The whole thing kind a rememinded me of a polaris trail boss, just with 10 times the power. The power is horribly useless in them though, they handle like the top-heavy utility quad that's hidden under the sporty-ish plastics, and they jump about as good as my warrior did, that's not good. The whole automatic transmission thing makes me want to vomit too, I can't stand that belt driven wussy crap.

I'll take my 700r over that canadian junk any day. I guarantee if I put another 2 grand in a raptor, to match the price those can-ams sell for, i'd totally blow it out of the water power-wise. Not that you would need more power to compete with a can-am, I bet most of you guys could even take a can-am in real world riding situations with your blasters. Power is only a small part of the equation when you're riding on a track or trails, you gotta be able to make the quad do what you want it to and that's hard when it weighs 600 lbs and the center of balance is at seat level...

dude i bet my girl freinds2008 brute force 750i that i just bougt her will smoke that thing v twin baby why the I love you want a 4x4 sport bike irs sucks what sence does that make

lol...why'd everyone have to get so anal about my opinon? but i didnt say anything about the power of the reneaged! but watch this vid! if a 700 raptor will outrun it, then why wouldnt the reneaged, its a pretty close call i say!

Last edited by a moderator:
they are all slow four pokes .id rather see a highly modifed blaster spank the ds650 instead

ok guys, time to wakr up, the KTM is dead even with a rappy in a drag race, it has more bottome end pull, but the craptor catches it in the top end, the KTM has Ohlins shocks for goodness sake! how can you say rappy when the KTM has OHLINS shocks, thats a 2-3000 dollar set of shocks, STOCK! KTM has camber and caster adjustable a-arms, the no-linkage rear suspension gets it extra ground clearance, it is a lot lighter thatn the raptor, it handles nicer, and it comes with Razrs, KTM Wins, race ready, ready to giver