240 kit worth it?

Hmmmm?

Interesting. I have not been able to try diff. reed spacers. Thanks!! I'm a fan of bigger is better. I'm gonna keep playing and researching, I like the idea of a bolt on 240 system.

Here's another question:

Strokers, what do think about them?

In these little 2 strokes, they have almost the opposite effect when compared to a V-8. In a V-8 you get all the chamber gain and torque from the stroke, boring the cyl. gives minimal anything other than a smooth surface.

I have noticed the 4mm stroker wants to 2 mm taken out of the head. I have also noticed that the 3mm strokers don't need 1mm or anything removed. What's up with that?

And since I have to swap a whole crank assembly anyway, any reason to not stroke it too.

AND (last one I promise...well for now, anyway) does the stroker make any diff. stock or 240 kit. meaning does one have an advantage over the other?

Andy

stroker going to give you more torque and less mouvement to make the same stroke, i dont know about the stroker rod on stock motor(never try it) but on my built 240 its a charme so since changing the crank dont go 3mil go 4 mil stroker i seen better number with 4mil stroker engine and wath i think of stroker DOO-IT!!!!!!!!!

i got a lot mor top end compare to my stock ported set-up buti lost som bottom end and i miss thats,and if you want to be close to 25to30rwh you gonna have to run race gas if i was you i go with a verry good port and polish job and shave your head 25mm,and go with a 30mm kehin carb,ajustable timing plate set at +4,and g3 reed,and yz125 cdi box for thats extra rev,a good air filter like uni or k&n,and a good right hand side pipe,with thats set up,your looking at around 25rwhp and a lots of tork and verry reliable kits thats going to cost less than a ct240 sonic kits and still be able to kick som ass and still run pump gas and do the block-off thing thats mandatory pre-mix is the way to go 32to1

So i am asuming we need an agressive PnP job here.. The PO of my bike had the head sent out and Ported and Polished..
SO since
my current stock head which is .020 bore with PnP work..
All I would need to do is

shave my head .025mm
Upgrade to a 30mm carb
Adjustable timing plate set at +4
g3 reeds
and a YZ 125 CDI box
Pipe N Uni filter

will get me to 25rwhp is? on pump...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also with the YZ CDI boc plug rite up.. or will i need to hot wire it?

My current mods are

.020 bore with PnP
Boyesen power reeds
UNI air filter

since you seem to know alot on modding blasters.. what kinda rwhp do you think those mods have me at? 18whp?

Im looking to get an Full exhuast system and a 30mm carb..

Do you think with those 2 mods i can break 20whp?

yep on pump and close to 25 lets say between 22 and 25 rwhp but a little octane booster will help a good one like klotz octan booster its cheap and will raise your octane by 4to6 points and a bootle will last for 5to6 tank of gas it will hep to cool thing down and pinking, but dont forget to do port and polish work on the cylinder as well,and,you need a good right hand pipe,a left hand pipe is good for stock to mild worj engine,and at 0.20 shave head if it polish you should be fine cause de diff between 0.20 and 0.25 is about 2to5 psi comp,and for the yz125 cdi, it will not give you any horspower, it will only change the power curve and give you 1000 more rpm on top wich is great with stroker engine

yep on pump and close to 25 lets say between 22 and 25 rwhp but a little octane booster will help a good one like klotz octan booster its cheap and will raise your octane by 4to6 points and a bootle will last for 5to6 tank of gas it will hep to cool thing down and pinking, but dont forget to do port and polish work on the cylinder as well,and,you need a good right hand pipe,a left hand pipe is good for stock to mild worj engine,and at 0.20 shave head if it polish you should be fine cause de diff between 0.20 and 0.25 is about 2to5 psi comp,and for the yz125 cdi, it will not give you any horspower, it will only change the power curve and give you 1000 more rpm on top wich is great with stroker engine

I understand the yz cdi box's purpose.. and think its a great idea.. But will it clip in to the stock blaster cdi wiring harness clip? I would asume the wiring is similar since they are both for Yamaha's.. Also when you speak of shaving the head .025 are you speaking of the bore? or accutally milling down the head for a higher CR? and can you recomend a few Right hand pipes?

Thanks alot.. i appreciate your input

-Jon

Also with the YZ CDI boc plug rite up.. or will i need to hot wire it?

My current mods are

.020 bore with PnP
Boyesen power reeds
UNI air filter

since you seem to know alot on modding blasters.. what kinda rwhp do you think those mods have me at? 18whp?

Im looking to get an Full exhuast system and a 30mm carb..

Do you think with those 2 mods i can break 20whp?
its plug right up, and for the horspower thats you may had, lots of people thinks thats blaster have 16 horsepower at the rear wheel(wrong) i have seen douzaine of dyno run with stock blaster and they average 13.5 to 14 rwhp and for your set-up i dont know , yo know you can have mediocre port and polish and a good pipe and achive great power ,on the other hand you can have good porting and no pipe or a bad one and no power at all or less than stock i seen thats a lots,the other day a kids blaster was on the dyno he put like 3000$ on and around the motors he was thinking at around 35 horspower at the wheel poor kids made 17.9rwhp , bad porting and bad pipe and bad combination of bolt on parts he was pretty mad,lots of people thinks thats the number of horsepower thats is on the box of a bolt on parts is true(wrong again and true )a combinaison of parts will make thats first parts achive the number on the box but you need to know wath you are doing and doo lots of try and error trust me on thats!!!I:I

I understand the yz cdi box's purpose.. and think its a great idea.. But will it clip in to the stock blaster cdi wiring harness clip? I would asume the wiring is similar since they are both for Yamaha's.. Also when you speak of shaving the head .025 are you speaking of the bore? or accutally milling down the head for a higher CR? and can you recomend a few Right hand pipes?

Thanks alot.. i appreciate your input

-Jon
yes i am talking about milling the head and polish the dome to a miror like finish,and 2 of the good right hand pipe thats i seen good number with are factory7 and lrd!! hope this will help

yes i am talking about milling the head and polish the dome to a miror like finish,and 2 of the good right hand pipe thats i seen good number with are factory7 and lrd!! hope this will help

you def helping me get there..:) Can you help me out with a 30mm carb? The ne minuki 30mm flat side i found looks like the one i might need..ut n the picture the Air fuel screw is on the right hand side of the bike.. Is that the one? Im searching ebay but not sure of which one i need..

well for my self i am not a big fan of mikuni carb and the round slide i dont like it at all , slow trothle response and less air venturi , even yamaha is starting to use kihein carb more and more on their performance machine, and the d-slide design is the best bang for your money , if you ask me try to find your self a kihein 30 mil with d slide your going to love it and its esyer to work with just my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
any suggestions where i can source one? ebay dosnt have anything for keihin 30mm carb..

Im gonna wait alittle to see if i can source a 30mm..

Now in other words you dont think i should even bother with the vitos 240 head\cylinder set up?