240 kit piston

B

bad97

i just bought a 97 blaster with the vitos 240 kit in it....the kid i bought it from obviously didnt do his research before he did it and kept the stock carb and vitos piston....now this is my first blaster so i was unaware of the melting problem on the vitos kit and when i was out riding it for only the third time, it died and wouldnt start back up....replaced the plug and gas and it has oil....i just ordered an oil injection block off kit but im hoping i didnt melt the vitos piston, but im pretty sure its toast....im having a problem finding a 72mm wiseco piston anywhere....any ideas?

scratch my above post....use this one lol

just bore it out to .80

thats not even a possible solution.....and im assuming you mean .080 and im already way over that....this is a big bore kit

.80 doesnt mean 80mm, its .8 hundredths of an inch, or i think its .080 which is 8 thousandths of an inch, either way its not 80mm

its not an inch....its in cm so, .080 is eight hundreths of a cm, OR eight tenths of a mm.....so a .100 bore is one mm over.....

so know with both of these combine lets think for a minute.....stock blaster bore is at
66mm and a big bore 240 kit is at 72mm, and i cannot find a non-vitos piston in that bore by itself....everything is sold as the entire big bore kit

its not an inch....its in cm so, .080 is eight hundreths of a cm, OR eight tenths of a mm.....so a .100 bore is one mm over.....

so know with both of these combine lets think for a minute.....stock blaster bore is at
66mm and a big bore 240 kit is at 72mm, and i cannot find a non-vitos piston in that bore by itself....everything is sold as the entire big bore kit[/QUOTE]

thanks for correcting me, have you checked into getting a custom piston made?

no i have not....simply because i think the cost in that would outway the benefits

You can get 72.5 and wiesco makes em, and vitos sells that piston, they are 140 bucks though. Wiseco wont sell tehm direct

.080 is 80 thousandths of an inch, it has nothing to do with the metric system. It equals out to around 1.9mm

lol. how about we just use units when we're talking measurements. if you say something is 3 long. that says nothing. it could be 3mm, 3 inches, 3 meters, 3 feet, 3 miles, 3km, 3 nm, and the list goes on. so when you say .08, how about saying either .08cm or .08in. that will greatly help to clear things up

.25mm=.010", so the .080 over piston is 2mm over stock, the 72mm big bore is 6mm over stock.
The Vito's "FORGED BIG BORE USA" piston is the one to get, DO NOT! get the "Super stock" piston, they are the cheap ones that are crap!