2005 yamaha blaster tors problem

fudder420

Feb 10, 2014
alright i have a 05 yamaha blaster got it off a buddy of mine i got it to run starts up fine but as soon as u touch the gas it bogs out me and my buddy went threw the whole quad cleaning the carb checking the reeds and put a new spark plug it also has good spark after that we went threw and removed the tors system and also checked the stator and that was good went to start it up and it made no different does anybody have any idea what could be wrong with my blaster

Try unplugging the parking brake sensor. Follow the wires from near the clutch perch to the first connector. Disconnect it there, then try and see if it will rev.

Reactions: HACK
If it isnt the parking brake as Dirty said i would think it would be a carb prob..jetting or float level maybe. Also when u disconnected the tors did u reconnect the wires in the right spots?

Sounds like a question for Blaaster...wheres he at? haha

i unplugged the parking brake sensor and it did nothing it kinda seems like the tors system still preventing me from rev the bike i also unplug the throttle sensor and the one to the carb do i have to twist any of those three wires togther to over ride the system

im not sure what size jet in there but i think it might be a 270 or a 240 main jet and the one side of the reed has a bubble on it could that affect how it would run

was the tors removed according to the 03+ diy on here ?
with the 2 wires connected coming out of the cdi/tors brain ?
it sounds like it wasn't, the tors brain is still active, sensing what you disconnected and limiting the revs as it was designed to do.

you must follow the 03+ diy to the letter and connect the wires to fool/defeat the brain.
here ya go..........
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

i unplugged the parking brake sensor and it did nothing it kinda seems like the tors system still preventing me from rev the bike i also unplug the throttle sensor and the one to the carb do i have to twist any of those three wires togther to over ride the system
Sorry about that. My 1 blaster would not run right untill I unplugged it.

Do what awk says. I've done the same to both of mine

Alright guys thanks for the help give me a couple of days and ill let u know what happens