2002 Yamaha Blaster Engine Problem

H

Heiden

I have a 2002 Yamaha Blaster when i go to hit the throttle it acts like it wants to die the engine bogs down and it dosen't come out of it. When i give it gas slow it runs fine. Here is a list of what is done to it I think it needs to be jetted please help me!!!

Engine
Boysen Power Reeds
Air Filter and Intake
Reed Spacer
The head has been Shaved
FMF Gold Series Power core 2 Pipe and Header
It has been Ported
.40 Piston
.240 Jet
Gas mixes 20:1

What kinda porting do you have? you need to upgrade your carb for best performance stock carb won't let it run at it's best, an what does your plug look like? black an wet? greyish white?

it still has the stock carb but the plug is new and i just made the intake bigger so it will flow better.

How fast dose your blaster run mph?

I'm trying to set my Blaster for speed what do you think i should do for the gears. Do you have extended a-arms

does your 02 have a parking break make sure its tight and not loose

if you want ALOT of top speedgrind your case a lil to fit a 15T front sprocket an add a 38T rear sprocket otherwise add a 14T front an 38 rear if you don't wanna grind you case some

I got the engine fingured out but when i was riding it it lost all compression i dont know what happened it just died. It is getting rebuild and a stroker and big bore.

Nice good look with the big bore stroker blaster, also your going to need a bigger carb with that setup an depending on who you get the big bore from have it ported

Im sure the engine builder will recommend a large carb for that set up. If he doesnt Id question him on why he didnt reccomend it.

i didnt have the money at the time and the carb size had nothing to do with it i did have time to jet it write and it got to hot

i didnt have the money at the time and the carb size had nothing to do with it i did have time to jet it write and it got to hot

Im not saying the carb had anything to do with it. Im just saying that if the builder, who you said is putting a stroker/big boar. doesnt reccomend you getting a larger Carb, then he may not know what hes doing. B/c with out a larger carb your not going to get your full potential out of that motor.

But dont worry if your tight on $$ any carb will work for now, save up and get a larger one later.

If you had it jetted right it would not have gotten too hot. Unless you live in the desert, in which case Id recomend selling the blaster and getting something water cooled. Or it could get too hot if your running it hard and you dont have enough oil in the tranny.

I will post pics of my 4 wheeler in a week when it gets done i had to wait on some parts! But i didnt have time to jet it and i went and rode it hard and i burned a hole in the piston and i build my own engines!!! I knew that was going to happen but i didnt have time to fix it!