2002 blaster idle problem

atv087

Jul 11, 2008
wheres the idle screw on a 2002 blaster? i turned the tors to the right and it made it pop so i turned that back

take the seat off, it should be to the top left of the airbox under a little rubber flap. to make it idle lower you want to turn it left, higher is vice versa
good luck

already tried that turned it to the right and it started popping i think i have to adjust the screw on the carb itself

theres 2 screws.. theres one for the idle (where i told you) and the other one is for the fuel/air mixture (dont wanna mess with that)

you can adjust the air/fuel mixture screw. I had to adjust mine to get it to idle right. I think the way i was told to adjust it was screw it in snug the back it out a turn and a half and do small adjustments from there. that should be close. hope that helps

have you cleaned the carb? Also what all is done to the blaster? The jetting could be off

240 kit and fmf exhaust bike was fully jetted for those mods. runs great otherwise other than idle i cleaned out carb fully and has new b8es plug ... should i remove the tors?

go for a ride for like maybe 5 mins just rip around then try adjusting it. sometimes its just gota warm up to idle right. well mine doesnt but some do.

It doesnt sound like to me it would be the TORS. You could just unplug all of the TORS wires and fire it up and see how that works. Also like 89custom said sometimes it wont idle good till it warms up so adjust it after you get done riding for a few and see how that works.

disconnected tors with no effect i was told if i turn the screw on the tors towards the left it will lower and towards the right it will raise the idle . if i turn all the way to the right the quad runs like sh*t and pops if i turn it down 1 turn and it runs good again. the air/fuel screw on the carb has no effect to idle at all.

turn it all the way to the right then out 1 and 1/2 turns and adjust slightly from there but no more than 3 turns out or it will fall out and ur quad will idle through the roof

when you screw it all the way in then back it out one and a half then it shouldnt take much adjusting from there. if it does then somethin else isnt right

well you cant turn it out too much more or it can vibrate loose and it shouldnt idle very good screwed all the way in. if it isnt close around the one and a half then you might should check out other stuff. I dont know. Adjustin the air/fuel mixture screw fixed mine