2000 blaster front hub/spindle/brakes

Or should I just get aftermarket a arms and 03-06 spindles and I should be fine with the hub and brakes that I have????

Or should I just get aftermarket a arms and 03-06 spindles and I should be fine with the hub and brakes that I have????

I would look into the ASR a arms if you have the funds. You could go with the sealed upper and lower ball joints they offer with the exsisting spindles you have.

If your going to keep what you have ( spindles, hubs, calipers) utilizing the hydraulic brakes, you need the 03-06 spindles.

Your a arms (being pinch up top and castle on lower) should work with any blaster spindle after 88. It all depends if you want to keep the hydros or convert back to drum/cable...crappy breaks.

I would look into the ASR a arms if you have the funds. You could go with the sealed upper and lower ball joints they offer with the exsisting spindles you have.

If your going to keep what you have ( spindles, hubs, calipers) utilizing the hydraulic brakes, you need the 03-06 spindles.

Your a arms (being pinch up top and castle on lower) should work with any blaster spindle after 88. It all depends if you want to keep the hydros or convert back to drum/cable...crappy breaks.

Ok I would like to keep what I have (hub,caliper,spindle) what a arms will I need to get????

image.jpg
These look similar? What you think?

Is that suppose to go on a blaster? Why would someone put it in a 2000 blaster? Sorry I'm new to all this and I bought the bike like this!!!!
Look up American Star Racing (asr). These are great a arms. With those hubs you should beable to run the sealed upper/lower ball joints. And the top and bottom ball joints are castle nuts which your hubs should except. If you go this route I would contact them to make sure. They even run specials on ebay. Check them out. If that's to costly, try and track down some 03-06 spindles.

Look up American Star Racing (asr). These are great a arms. With those hubs you should beable to run the sealed upper/lower ball joints. And the top and bottom ball joints are castle nuts which your hubs should except. If you go this route I would contact them to make sure. They even run specials on ebay. Check them out. If that's to costly, try and track down some 03-06 spindles.
so right now I have a 450 spindle knuckle hub setup? And would need aftermarket a arms to complete it? And the spindle off the 03-06 would be for?

That is right. But I'm not sure if your getting it. 03-06 is the only years that will fit what you have, hydraulic brakes. Any years before that won't work.

That is right. But I'm not sure if your getting it. 03-06 is the only years that will fit what you have, hydraulic brakes. Any years before that won't work.
Ok so what I need is new a arms to fit the setup I have the pinch bolt style ball joints will not work on this spindle setup?

I miss understood. I thought you just bought new a arms also, if they are "Blaster" arms they wont fit spindles, they would be somewhat custom. Buying 03+ SPINDLES and using stock arms is still a step back. Going back to drum brakes is stone age $hit.
You need to find out what spindles/brakes you have. Never answered if they are aluminum or iron/steel.
Look on ebay to compare the spindles you have, then contact a arm manufactures to see if they can make a set of arms to fit the spindles you have.