2000 blaster front hub/spindle/brakes

808blaster

Feb 16, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg I just bought this blaster about a week ago and trying to figure out what front hub/spindle/brakes this is because I'm trying to change a arms but the 2000 blaster a arms don't fit because of no pinch bolt on the spindle. Does anyone have any ideas???!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 622
Are they aluminum or iron?
Was this running and rideable when you bought it?
Or are you trying to add these spindles?
They are definately Yammie, because they have plastic rock guards they have to be "newer" than Banshee or Blaster.
Try searching egay, YFZ450, Raptor 250,350,660,700 spindle.

These are on the bike now I bought thE bike like thIs not rideable because the ball joint was wiggling in the spindle, by the way it's a yfs200, and was told I just needed to change the ball joints which I need to buy new a arms. So I did but I thought it would come with the castle nut and lock pin but it didn't I need the pinch bolt style spindles. So just wondering what I should do from here just get the original spindles/hub/brake or keep this and build from this?

I know that my banshee spindles don't use the pinch bolts. Now that I think about it all the newer ones I believe don't. I have a set of raptor 350 spindles and they also use the castle nuts on top and bottom. Hmmm.. The top ball joint definitely looks like it was rigged up to fit the spindle.

Those are newer for sure. Looking at the second larger pic, where the tie rod connects, is cast into the spindle, unlike the blaster or banshee spindle that is bolted on. Maybe a newer yfz450 spindle?

I'm just thinking of getting the original yfs200 spindles so I can use the a arms I just bought.? Any ideas of what I should do?

And yes I did rig the ball joint to fit but definatly not rideable lol does it give it any stretch with theses spindles and hubs? Should I keep this setup or change back original?

Ok so all in all I would need to get the original spindle hub set for my a arms to fit correct?

Ok so all in all I would need to get the original spindle hub set for my a arms to fit correct?
Yes. 03-06 spindles would be all you need if you want the hydraulic brakes, which you do. And those hubs should bilt directly up. The spindles can be hard to find. The 89-02 spindles are readily available however you would have to convert everything back to drum/cable brakes.

The a arms you have have a pinch bolt on top and a castle on the bottom right? I believe, you may want to check, but all years are like that except for the 88, which has two pinch bolts.
yes the top is a pinch bolt and the bottom is a castle nut, so what I'm trying to figure out is what I need to complete my front end right now I have upper arms that have a pinch bolt style ball joint and need to figure out why upper a arms I need to mount to the spindles but don't know what spindles I have, so far I know it's a newer spindle/hub/brake from a 450 u said? So I would need a upper a arm from a 450? I'm confused lol

You probably only need 03-06 spindles to run the hubs and calipers you already have, utilizing the a arms you already have. You can't use any other arms from other models. Your only route would be aftermarket a arms, then which you could use the spindles that are rigged. And use them properly.

You probably only need 03-06 spindles to run the hubs and calipers you already have, utilizing the a arms you already have. You can't use any other arms from other models. Your only route would be aftermarket a arms, then which you could use the spindles that are rigged. And use them properly.
I appreciate all the info! So the upper Arms I have the ball joint is a pinch bolt style so I would need to get new upper arms? Or u suggest getting 03-06 spindles and new arms?

I was looking at these on eBay so I could utilize my a arms which are ouch bolt ball joints or no?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 464