2 off topic question 250x/ and home computer

Ram doesn't necessarily determine how fast your computer runs. From the sounds of it your processor is only running at 1.2 ghz which makes me believe your front side bus is slow as well. That is the speed in which the cpu communicates with the ram and everything else. It might be time for a new comp haha. What kind of hard drive was it? Could also be that you got a slow speed hard drive.

That pricewatch website has really cheap desktops.I am thinking about getting the pentium 4 3.4ghz,only $295!Only thing is it's not a 'Dell' or some popular brand.It comes in a plain white tower.These are bigger well established online dealers though and do carry warranties/support.

what browser are you using? If you are using internet explorer then you need to stop and download firefox browser. Internet explorer is like the HIV of web browsers its only a matter of time till your computer gets full blown AIDS.

mozilla firefox.

Another 256 or 512 megs of ram will help, but a 1.2 celeron is not going to break any speed records. Also, if you find the PC is lagging significantly and it is especially noticable while playing music or video, you may have an IDE controller that has dropped to PIO mode. How does the PC do playing an MP3?

just turned on a big file.. metalica the day that never comes.. and im typing here as we speak..

song popped up right away and payed the second the media player opened..

im not looking to be super light speed, it was just annoying to have to wait 10 seconds to do anything on ebay and photobucket..

i have the tas manager up right now... im watching the cpu usage and pf usage well i have music going and typing on the forum..

typing and posting on the forum its yet to get over 45 % and pf is flat line... i have two intetnet windows open and music.

What services are running? Hit ctrl +Alt +Delete and click the processes tab. Mine has 27 processes running. If you see any that say user next to then hilight them and hit end task. Then see how it runs.

Dude why you got the same retarded avatar like 240man did a week ago? There are young kids and women here that might not like looking at young 18 yr. olds having sex.