+2 a arms

these will soon be available. the geometry is only going to allow for 1.5 inches per side. thought i could squeeze 2 out of them but i was wrong. gotta talk to my guy about doing a few test rides before i say they are good to go. i do not see a problem here with any kind of riding. they will be plenty strong. here are a few pics.

arm.jpg

arm2.jpg

arm4.jpg

these will soon be available. the geometry is only going to allow for 1.5 inches per side. thought i could squeeze 2 out of them but i was wrong. gotta talk to my guy about doing a few test rides before i say they are good to go. i do not see a problem here with any kind of riding. they will be plenty strong. here are a few pics.

arm.jpg

arm2.jpg

arm4.jpg

hmmmmmm, i wonder who that "my test rider guy" is ??????????
my bike has the rearend tore out, with the rest to follow soon,
but i'll get the arms tore off my boys, ready for these baby's ?????
one thing i see though, just from the pics, is that where you extended the bottom one is pushing the bottom shock mount out, which means these will now take a longer shock to keep the same ride height, so in esscence, you just made + 1.5" long travel's ????? which is cool, lots of guys wanna step up to the longer yfz rezzie shocks, so yeah, you're definately on to sumthin ya mad blaster scientist !!!!!
my boys bike does now have the yfz triple rate works, so i have one set of each length shock to see what works best with these !!!!
to do standard travels, you're gonna have to relocate or fab a new shock mount, or.............
cut and extend the tubes in the area out past the stock shock mount ????

Last edited:
staying tuned!

i can test ride some for you too....i don't ride a lot but when i do i make it count!

seeing as how i am now getting ready for my asr +3 swap, i just did this measurement the other day, to see if the used, but great shape, asr's i got are standard or long travel, well both my stock arms and the new ones have a rear bottom bolt to shock mount measurement of 6 1/2 inches
which means the asr's are standard travel, and are gonna be needin some of your awsome fab/welding to slightly tweek the shock mount to allow me to use the yfz triple rates with them
and since i'm bored as hell right now, i figured i'd show off my awsome microsoft paint skills once again, baaaaahahahahaaaa
heres what i'm seeing on the "long travels" you just made, should be a good seller !!!!!!
it looks like cutting and extending the area i show here may not be possible ???? so a new shock mount would be needed for "standard travel", but imo, if someone is gonna spend the loot for arms, why run stock shocks, just get the yfz's to go with them and have an awsome setup for way less than new arms and shocks

107m6j6.jpg

yeah joe im going to have move the shock mount for stock shocks. thats what i planned on doing with these.what is the measurement on yfz's? if they will work like this yfz shocks thats great. you can check em out and let me know. if yfz shocks are about 1.5 longer this will be a sweet setup. where you want to cut and extend i fell would be best to make a jig. i wanna see how these do. i dont know if i wanna go that route yet.

with yfz shocks these will lower the ride height only 1/4in. not bad..should have a ton of travel as well.

it doesnt look like the extreme angle and closeness down there will allow you to cut and extend them there, so new shock mount is prolly best, but like i said, who would want to run stock shocks anyway ????
and yeah, i can get you a measurement of the yfz'z, or even just pull one and bring it up to ya for a while, i wont be riding in this snow anyway, and maybe bring my asr's, we could mount them to that frame with the yfz'z and just do my tweeking at the same time ????
i'll give ya a call soon, i'm not workin much right now either, so free alot during the week ???

it doesnt look like the extreme angle and closeness down there will allow you to cut and extend them there, so new shock mount is prolly best, but like i said, who would want to run stock shocks anyway ????
and yeah, i can get you a measurement of the yfz'z, or even just pull one and bring it up to ya for a while, i wont be riding in this snow anyway, and maybe bring my asr's, we could mount them to that frame with the yfz'z and just do my tweeking at the same time ????
i'll give ya a call soon, i'm not workin much right now either, so free alot during the week ???

cool..yeah im laid off.. maybe i need to find a tester thats more southern?

oh, i'll ride in this stuff, for testing reasons, but yeah southerner would be good too, but is he gonna find sh*t as rough as we have here to give them a real test ????????

oh, i'll ride in this stuff, for testing reasons, but yeah southerner would be good too, but is he gonna find sh*t as rough as we have here to give them a real test ????????

ok joe as long as you can get out in the woods and really beat on these arms. i like to test this kinda stuff out..ill doubt youll be able to hurt them though..most likely bend or break soething else on the quad 1st.

nice confidence, but we'll need a little snow melt to really beat 'em,
i'll be up and we'll talk this week, soon

gonna get my man joe (awk) to beat the crap outta these things really soon. they arent going to be the prettiest arms but i believe they will work great.

arm6.jpg

arm5.jpg

yeah joe im going to have move the shock mount for stock shocks. thats what i planned on doing with these.what is the measurement on yfz's? if they will work like this yfz shocks thats great. you can check em out and let me know. if yfz shocks are about 1.5 longer this will be a sweet setup. where you want to cut and extend i fell would be best to make a jig. i wanna see how these do. i dont know if i wanna go that route yet.

with yfz shocks these will lower the ride height only 1/4in. not bad..should have a ton of travel as well.

You think the ride height will actually be 1/4" lower with these and the YFZ shocks? I thought it would still be about the same or maybe just a little higher still. I am just curious because I am watching this closely. I want to get YFZ shocks for the front but dont wanna shell out $500 for new arms.

You think the ride height will actually be 1/4" lower with these and the YFZ shocks? I thought it would still be about the same or maybe just a little higher still. I am just curious because I am watching this closely. I want to get YFZ shocks for the front but dont wanna shell out $500 for new arms.

hahah..yeah i was really tired last night! the quad might actually sit a little higher..or at least about the same height with the arms being +1.5.. thanks for catching my mistake! but the yfz shocks would work awesome on these!

hahah..yeah i was really tired last night! the quad might actually sit a little higher..or at least about the same height with the arms being +1.5.. thanks for catching my mistake! but the yfz shocks would work awesome on these!

Kinda thought that might be the case. I will be waiting for the verdict but definately gonna put a set on my wish list for now. You plan to smooth and prime them for paint or you gonna leave that for the customer?

Kinda thought that might be the case. I will be waiting for the verdict but definately gonna put a set on my wish list for now. You plan to smooth and prime them for paint or you gonna leave that for the customer?

ok man..these are just a rough set i threw together cause everyone wanted pics. also i need to get a set on joes quad so he can run the hell outta them for some testing. so they are alot uglier than something i would ship back to someone. the area i work will be buffed down smooth and sprayed with primer.

ok man..these are just a rough set i threw together cause everyone wanted pics. also i need to get a set on joes quad so he can run the hell outta them for some testing. so they are alot uglier than something i would ship back to someone. the area i work will be buffed down smooth and sprayed with primer.

No prob. I wasnt trying to criticize. I followed the thread since yesterday and saw how fast they came together. Figured it wasnt a finished product. I only asked cuz I suck with smoothing myself so I was hoping I would be able to just spray and throw them on.