1991 Mazda B2200 carb rebuild

yeah fi should be fuel injected
if its got a carb then gots to be the bl one:)

goto autozone pg type in what you got/add vehicle and you will see what im talking about lol:)

Last edited:
Ok so a few things. I've decided I'm gonna go ahead and pull the head and do the gasket just to be safe. Also prob do the front and rear crank bearings and seals. Right now I still have the engine together enough that I can do a compression test. My question to you guys is if the compression is good should I worry about rings and pistons? I'm pretty sure it still has good compression (or did when it ran) as occasionally I would chirp the tires shifting to second on accident. I know thats not a sound way of knowing, but its keeping my hopes up lol.

If the readings are within specs and not a great variation between them , I would say leave them alone.

If there is a marked difference between the readings it may pay to investigate further!

Well my hopes got knocked down today. I've been doing alot of cleanup around my property since it warmed up, but finally got in the shop today. Cleaned up a little bit, and finally got this guy checked for compression. 3 out of 4 were good :(:(:(. Not sure where I'm going from here. I gotta talk to my mechanic buddy to find out what builders we got around here, or maybe I can ship it to Ken:D. My buddy has a truck with the same engine that he is gonna swap with a v-6, but I don't think I wanna throw a used motor in it. I've been looking around online and can't find any new ones, rebuilt ones are about 2k, and used ones for around 1k. Either way, I'm gonna get my shop cleaned up some more and get me some tables setup so I can keep tearing down and keep it organized.

Reactions: Herpderplol
Well I don't know if I should get em from ebay, but I found a pistons-bearings-gaskets-rings kit for $150. Seems kinda cheap. Starting to look forward to my first engine teardown though. I could prob go find a little used truck, but then who knows what I'll get. Plus I already got over $400 in parts for this thing. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't need a bore, but the bad cylinder only had about 50 psi

Actually your bud may be the best choice/chance. You will know exactly how many miles, how he's maintained it, how leaky it is, and even why he's replacing, not just to get a V6. Be able to comp test before he yanks it.

I'm definitely gonna check into his incase, by chance I have a cracked block or something, but I would rather rebuild mine than put a used one in. I'm sure he can tell me a little about it but he has about 30 trucks around his property, so theres no telling where it came from or what its been through. I know he's replacing it cause he couldn't get that darn jap carb right lol