05 Polaris Predator Won't Start!

Josh_bodine

Oct 22, 2013
Indiana
Does anybody have an idea how to repair an 05 polaris predator? First of all it will not start unless its been ridden for like 20 minutes and is hot.. Putting my hand on the carb and hand chocking it used to work but now it still won't work.. The only way to get it started is to pull start it with another quad.. I read online that its a valve issue but what parts will it need and how do I replace them? Please help and thanks a lot!

Have you cleaned carb, air filter, set float? NEW plug?

If it just needs valves adjusted that might not be to hard, if it has simple adjustment screws. If it's bucket and shims, you'll need a $70 shim kit and micrometer.

Just looked on Egay, it has shims X( :eek: :D, sorry 8-|

Hopefully you haven't ridden it so much that you've burnt the valves $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Time to get a repair manual, Clymers, Haynes, factory service, or luck out with a free download manual.

I googled 05 polaris Predator valves. Part way down was a linc to Yahoo with a linc to a D/L manual.

I'd clic and paste but caveman can't figure how on this comp

Predators have valve shims. You will hafto take yours apart. measure them , then you will know the shims you need and can get just them for a few dollars rather than buying a whole shim kit with 3/4s of them youll never need. I agree , get a clymer manual, read up on it and if you follow the manual its easy... The only way anybody learns how to fix anything is by just rolling up their sleeves and just doing it!!