04 Blaster From IN

burgessjt11

Sep 25, 2014
Been reading the forums for awhile and finally decided to sign up. Tons of info here as im currently studying up on port and head work before i send it out. I was riding at high rpms the other day i blew a chunk off of my piston and got lucky that the big chunks ended up in my exhaust. i tore it all apart except for the bottom end and nothing looks bad at all just those chunks missing from the piston. If i send it out to get rebored and while there at it port and polish and do the head work will be i alright? Thanks in advance

Welcome!

best to tear the bottom end anyways. there is no way nothing got in there. if you dont, you could pay for it later

and yes. sending it to get bored and ported is perfectly fine. who are you sending it to?

we love pictures!

welcome good advice and people on here.I would tear that bottom end down,all it takes is 1 tiny piece of piston to be in there and you will have major issues

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I will have to look into that. Im planning on getting it sent out to o connor.

Mostly stock for now.
Tag t2 bars, boyesen reeds, uni filter with vent holes on the air box lid. Fat series nerf bars. Flipped front rims w/ kenda klaws and holeshots on rear. Custom +3 swingarm.

Attachments

• Blaster.jpg
    Blaster.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 178
by custom swinger i assume you mean stock one chopped and extended? very frowned upon here my friend!

also, look into finding a pipe before porting. a stock piped blaster will probably run worse with porting (not true, but it wont benefit any)

When it comes to something things im a diy kinda guy but why would that be frowned upon here? Just curious.

I feel Herp was trying to put a point across that if one tries to modify the stock swinger, trouble may escalate.

We encourage DIY big time, but not when it comes to modifying the poor old stock swinger.

Right on guys. I understand where your coming from but I beefed it up inside and out with 3/16 band iron and tubing. I don't do crazy jumps or anything like that just a little trail riding really.

Is there a possibility that you could post a pic of the swing arm, for the benefit of those thinking of beefing theirs up.

Plan on tearing into this week sometime. You guys have any pointers?

Ill try and get pics up Monday of swingman.

Plan on tearing into this week sometime. You guys have any pointers?

Ill try and get pics up Monday of swingman.
The best pointer I can give you is TAKE YOUR TIME! Don't rush things or try and cut corners. Also a good idea is to take plenty of pictures and try to have everything you need BEFORE starting the job (proper tools, parts, rags, manuals etc.) I know you don't always know what parts you need before starting a job because some things are un expected but it sux on waiting for parts. And don't forget to watch Ken oconnors Videos first before,during, and after. Plus while it is apart it would be the perfect time to do some other great "free" mods like the clutch mod and maybe shift star mod, port match etc. I don't know your skill level but again while it is apart you may want to do some of these mods. Also I would invest the xtra few $ in the ss allen bolt kit/kits. Don't forget,, pics pics pics..

Reactions: dirtysquared
Like jus-me said, get everything you need ahead of time, nothing sucks worse than waiting on a part when it's almost done.

I organize things with ziplock bags, a few boxes of the 2 gallon ones from the dollar store, and a sharpie will help you remember what and where it goes.