01 blaster was idleing high now won’t start.

rich schulp

Nov 21, 2018
Ok so here’s the thing. I bought this blaster from a guy and he said it wasn’t firing. When I got it home I checked to see if it was firing and nothing. Then I realized if I screwed the throttle screw all the way in it would fire and start. Now here’s the thing. When it startedwith the choke pulled out it would sit and idle but when I pushed the choke in it would idle really high! So after doing some research seams it had a air leak. So I replaced every gasket on it. After putting it together it started and sat and idle fine with the choke out. So I tryed to give it gas and it was like itsomthing was holding it back! I have it gas a few times trying to get it to go and it was like somthing popped.then I was able to give it gas and rev it up. Still idleing high I shut the bike off. Not when I try to start it it backfires. And if I hole it wide open it sounds like it’s trying to start but somthing holding it back again. Any ideas?

Usually crank seals are the air leak problem. With all you have done it's time to do a leak down test.
Also disable the TORS, three wire plug under the hood.
Do you have spark?

Reactions: rich schulp
I haven’t done a leak down test yet. But do plan on removing the TORS. Then will check the spark!