yz250 help ASAP

xBlaster

Jan 28, 2010
hey i know this is the wrong section but im planing on droping this bike engien into my blaster so what i need to know will a yz 250 91 cylinder fit on an 96 engine (what i have) or is there anyone who can get me a cheap cylinder or what should i do i could reslive this current one but how much is that?
thanks for the info

it may be worth resleeving the one you have.. It will cost you a few hundred.. like 250 im guessing + or - some.. You can always rebore your cylinder when you have a sleeve, but with NiCaSil you cant bore... Best place for that question though is your dealer (local one will tell you if they are the same, but i doubt it, they are too many years apart to be identical).. go on or google Babbitsonline.com and go to the parts catalog, and check if the part numbers for the cylinders are the same.. click OEM parts, n the rest you should be able to figure out.

I think U posted it in the right section. I can not be much help to you, put it is cool u are trying something different....
I think you might have a vibration issue, ask some of the other engine builders on here.... I know a CR500 engine in a ATV frame will have issues with vibrations
Just something to think about....