YFZ450 Heel guards and pegs

Blaner

Your Friendly South African Ambassador
Mar 26, 2008
East London, South Africa
Hi guys, its been a while! The blaster has been ticking over in the garage while life has been happening for the last year or so. The time has come for another 2 day trip through the heart of Africa and I need to start swinging spanners!

I have ordered some new balljoints which should arrive sometime between now and then and in the meantime im looking at upgrading my badly rusted heel guards and worn footpegs.

I have found A guy locally selling some YFZ kit so im looking at cutting off my old pegs and the new 450 pegs and then welding the 450 pegs to the blaster bracket that fits our frame. Then fitting the heelgaurds. Any info on the fabbing required to get he 450 heelguards to work (2006 model)?

Nice to be back!

image.jpg
I had some a while back. They pretty much fit perfect, except I had to bend the bracket a bit that bolts to the frame. It sat a little farther forward. I don't remember what year they were.

If you zoom in on the picture at the top mount, you can see it actually sits higher. With heat and persuasion I got them to line up.