Yamaha Blaster Carb Jets

Apr 3, 2017
Niagara
So i am running no airbox lid, fmf fatty pipe and stock silencer. and TDR racing reeds. i got this blaster as a blown up project. i have since replaced the crank seals, crankshaft with a good OEM, with wiseco bearings. My stock main jet is #230. I read that most people with mods run a #260. Should i just purchase a 260 jet and try it or am i better off with the Vitos Jet Kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VITOs-Yamah...ash=item3f56629c9e:g:UroAAOSw~bFWNEBR&vxp=mtr

i already have a 260 jet on the way, is the kid really worth $30? or will my #260 jet be sufficient until i can get the wheeelr out and do some plug chops?

when i test rode the blaster after rebuild it ran like crap with the airbox lid on, almost too rich. when i removed the lid it ran great had way better response. i am likely to run open lid with this quad.

just want some opinions. thank you

No kits, buy individual jets....260/270/290/300 ?
Better plug chop to find the correct one for you, before running it again or risk frying it.

The kit from Vito's comes with 4 jets 270 to 320 I believe and a blue needle. I didn't run it long didnt even get much over half throttle for 3 seconds. I hear a lot of people move clip on needle 1 down from stock also