WTB: Keihin throttle slide 34mm PJ Oval 6.0

wheresthericego

Jan 22, 2011
Raleigh NC
The slide I have is a 4.0 and is way too rich. I am currently using a slide which I will need to return to its owner and will need a replacement before friday.
Someone on here has to have a Keihin oval slide from a 34mm PJ. How to check what you have... Look at the bottom by the jet needle and there will be a number..
Let me know

Thank you for the reply awk. I am aware of that site but I was more of looking for someone who had one in a spare carb sitting on a shelf that could rush ship it for this coming weekend. I'll be calling carb parts tomorrow if no luck here.
Pic for reference. Left is the keihin 4.0 right is keihin 6.0
DSC03458.jpg

this is good info rice, so your sayin it idles better and all with the 6.0 slide, cause i'm still usin the throttle cable to adjust my idle, prolly cause it needs more air to it by raising the slide ???
what other settings are you running on it ???

Last edited:
The idle is not the issue.. I am using the throttle adjuster to set idle. The problem is when I am riding and crack the throttle from closed to wide open it bogs down for a second. I could not get it right with jets, needles, clip positions nor the air screw.
Then I tried the carb and slide from conquest's blaster and I had mine running perfect in a couple hours of jetting/test riding.

When we pulled everything out we instantly noticed that the taper on the slides were different. After looking at keihin part lists they aparently have 5 different taper cuts going from rich to lean (4.0 rich to 8.0 lean)
My slide is a 4.0 which explains the bogging. His slide is a 6.0 which keihin notes as the standard slide.

Furthermore: Quoted from JD Jetting store.
Keihin PWK carburetor slides with higher or lower cutaways are used to adjust the closed throttle to 3/8 throttle range jetting. Installing a higher number slide is leaner at low throttle positions and can help fine-tune your jetting beyond the usual effects of needle clip position, pilot jet, and air screw adjustments. A lower slide number will richen low speed jetting to help reduce detonation, or allow running the motor in colder conditions with improved response. A leaner carburetor slide change extends the useful jetting range for riding at higher elevations too!

Image taken from jetsrus.
Note the PJ throttle valve chart.
photo_su020_115.jpg

Another image i've found reguarding what affects what with tuning keihin carbs specifically. It may be generic with all 2 stroke carbs but im not sure.

calchart.gif

Now this makes me wonder.... Why the hell was a 4.0 slide in the carb for a trx250r (where this carb originated) it probably ran like chit also..

Last edited:
what other settings are you running on it ???
My main jet is 158 and the pilot is 55. The needle I am using is the stock TRX250r needle. I think I need to adjust the clip position 1 leaner to make up for the difference in my stock PJ vs: conquest's bored PJ. It did not run exactly perfect when I switched all the jets, slide and needle over to my carb. The air screw is approx 2 turns out.

Also, note on my 4.0 slide there is a small notch in the center of the "face". I am not sure what it is for but I'm pretty sure it is for idle...

all good info bro, but with my mods i'm running the 34mm pj with a 45 pilot, 155 main, a "dgh" needle suggested by the carb parts warehouse.com dude
air screw is under 2 turns out
and it starts 1/2 kicks everytime, even cold, and runs flawlessly from idle to wot
maybe you needa check that rich jetting ???
although your altitude is way lower than my 1100-2500

all good info bro, but with my mods i'm running the 34mm pj with a 45 pilot, 155 main, a "dgh" needle suggested by the carb parts warehouse.com dude
air screw is under 2 turns out
and it starts 1/2 kicks everytime, even cold, and runs flawlessly from idle to wot
maybe you needa check that rich jetting ???
although your altitude is way lower than my 1100-2500

My altitude is approx 300 around where I ride. I tried running smaller pilot jets but the revs were hanging up and the idle was erratic and not consistent.