worth the money?

racin66coupe

Oct 7, 2008
ok, so i got my blaster as you all know, i took it ot the shop to get it checked out. well, it needs a new motor mount bolt, new sprokets and chain, wire harness to be tucked away, they say the frame MAY be bent a little by the a arms, and the rear axle bearings are completely gone. they gave me an estimate of 500 and some change to get it all fixed, then when they got it running they could tell me what else may need fixing. would you do it? i would like to do the work my self, but in all honestly i have no time as hunting season's coming up, school and im building a 66 mustang and a new race car for next season. whaddya think? should i get it fixed?

a 66 mustang!?!?! dude get rid of the blasty and fix that baby up....get a nice 4 barrel carb ..dosent holley make one?

haha its gettin moar than that. prolly a 408 stroker, definate 9in with posi, dropped, the whole 9 yards

ok so if ya figure the price of ur blsty and the money itll cost... not worth it and when you go to sell it ull get noweres near what u put in..

well, i have a 66 coupe for sale cause we just bought a 66 fastback :D so its on its way from FL right now, but once its here were gunna drive it for a couple weeks till winter and the garage gets up, then get to work!

thats alot i wouldnt have them do it .. thats kinda simple stuff other then the rear axle bearings .. the frame i think you cant fix that unless you buy a new frame.. why not just buy the parts and put them on when you get time, it will save ya some cash in the long run ..

well, its part time, and part i just want something i dont have to work on so i can just go out and ride.
hows the 400ex? and are the sportax 400ex's the same as the ex's? sorry for n0ob quesitons