Won't run right

joshrabbitt14

Jun 2, 2009
groton, massachusets
I just ported a stock jug and having some problems with running. it will start and run at half choke and won't run at no choke. It will bog at low Rpms if hitting the throttle but will rev high sometimes and hangs revs a little bit. I'm running my own port job no lid dg pipe starting with 300 main. Carb problem?air leak?

shouldn't be the pilot jet. adjust your idle airscrew in all the way then back it out 1.5 turns. the problem you have is def an airleak. do a leakdown test. do a leakdown test. do a leakdown test. do a leakdown test. do a leakdown test. do a leakdown test. do a leakdown test. get the picture

dont know if u saw what scotj7 said but sounds like u might want to try doing a LEAKDOWN test huh and how did it run b 4 the portjob

any pics of the port job also ...

sometimes you have to use some high temp gas resistant rtv to seal up the intake. that is the most common place for a leak. but you should do it properly with a leakdown tester

sometimes you have to use some high temp gas resistant rtv to seal up the intake. that is the most common place for a leak. but you should do it properly with a leakdown tester

agreed mine tends to leak
some good ol'e high temp rtv coper gasket maker to the rescue I:I

Still won't run. Fixed the leak it will only run on half choke and idles on half but wont start or idle on no choke and bogs a little bit when hitting the throttle. Will moving the needle clip do anything?

might be jetted to rich. so many factors that come in to play. might not have been your only airleak. is your tors still hooked up we need a breakdown of everything tried and done to this to realy figure it out

Reactions: joshrabbitt14
Alright well yes its got tors and has a 300 main jet I tired different jet but it was when it had an air leak. I don't think theres anymore leaks not hanging revs or anything. Tried messing with the carb except for moving needle clip

your main jet doesn't really come into play until about half throttle. so you haven't even got to that point to see if it will run right up top. i would eliminate the tors and go from there. look it up in the diy section