Won't get on the pipe

Corey

Oct 4, 2009
Lynnwood, WA
So I just put together my new 240 kit with a 35mm PWK Air Stryker, K&N clamp on filter, and the Vito's Fat Bastard exhaust on my Blaster. It idles fine and revs in neutral and when the clutch is pulled in but when I have it in gear and I ride it, I can't get it on the pipe at all.. It seems to just kind of quit pulling at a certain point. I've put a lower size main jet in and that didn't help, I've also adjusted the cable screw on top of the carb and that did not help either.

Specs are:
Vito's 240 BB kit
Vito's Fat Bastard pipe
Keihin 35mm PWK Air Stryker with 160 main
3.5x4" clamp on K&N pod filter
+4 advanced timing mod
B8ES plug on pump gas 92 octane with 32:1 yamalube
14t front sprocket
4" extended swinger

I know it's nothing to do with the pilot circuit because she runs fine till I get up in the revs. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I got a trip to the dunes tomorrow and I was really hoping it would run great by then.

just a thought cuz it happen to me, did you check inside the expansion pipe cuz sometimes they get sh*t inside them and it may get sucked back and forth in the pipe

No, there's nothing blocking the intake, and the pipe is brand spankin' new, so there's nothing blocking it. Think my jetting is too rich with the 160 main? I don't know much about these Keihin carbs.. I'm usually a Mikuni guy. But Vito's said the 160 or 162 would be perfect and I've tried both, with no avail.

No, there's nothing blocking the intake, and the pipe is brand spankin' new, so there's nothing blocking it. Think my jetting is too rich with the 160 main? I don't know much about these Keihin carbs.. I'm usually a Mikuni guy. But Vito's said the 160 or 162 would be perfect and I've tried both, with no avail.

you can guess jetting. do a plug chop and see where you are

how does your plug look?.i would try and do a wot run and get a plug reading. i have a 140 main in mine but i am at sea level and a fullairbox.

Sorry this is Corey's brother I'm posting for him while he's out getting some new jets. I checked the plug and it looked black, but not like dripping with oil and wet looking. He's going to grab a 140 like yours and a 145 too just in case. I figured if you have a ported cylinder with the stock airbox you probably require about the same amount as ours with the clamp on pod and power piston. I'll post again after the new jets and keep y'all updated. Thanks for all of the replies, it's just this Keihin carb is like foreign language to me.. If it were a Mikuni, I'd have a nice cardboard colored plug by now lol. Thanks again!

Well it isn't fixed perfectly, I still need to get a lower main jet, I'm thinking probably a 130 or a 135 but since it's insanely cold out right now I'm going to keep it at the 138 and just bump it down later or something. But yeah, that pipe is f*cking amazing, it sounds crazy nice, looks insanely cool, and is amazing overall, I also put on the cobra sparky spark arrestor because I ride in the dunes and it's required.

good to hear your gettin her jetted. what is your needle clip at and whats your pilot and main jw cause mine runs good but doesn't rev out like it should.

Needle is a DGK and it's on the middle clip and it feels just fine where it's at, but the pilot is really rich too, I believe it's a 52? It needs to be brought down to maybe a 38 or 40 as well. But once the main is brought down to a 130 or 132 she'll rip like crazy.