Why does my Yamaha blaster smoke

Lethal

Aug 24, 2015
The blaster smokes white smoke out of the exhaust and it looks like it leaks some oil grease substance out of the fatty pipe the guy I got it off of said he put cheap oil in it is that the problem or what? Please help I am confused

All 2 strokes smoke a little. If it is a thicker white smoke than it is most likely a bad crank seal on the trans side sucking in trans fluid. What is your oil level at and you should look into how to perform a 2 stroke leakdown test.

And it also leaks on the very bottom but it doesn't have a smell or anything to it

I pre mix it and I am doing leak down test in a couple of days but my tranny fluid level is good but if I let it set for maybe bout 2hrs and some kind of liquid comes out and it doesn't have a smell and when it smokes out of the exhaust it smells like a weed eater smoke it don't really stink

there is a gearbox vent tube pointed towards the front end of quad
that it will spew out if overfilled.
or it is leaking at the case halves,or it is your carb leaking gas lol
your leak test will show you:)

Ok lol it looks like it is comeing from the case havels but it has no smell what so ever and it is clear

R u sure it's coming from the case halves and not your exhaust connector like the rubber tube with the two screw clips that happened to me I thought it was comming from the cases

it might be leaking at the flange to cylinder as well,alot of people have to put rtv on them to seal.
then your silencer packing could need replaced depending on where you mean it is leaking at?

Ya I kno lol it been doing it for like 2 days now and my transmission oil is good so idk lol when I get the leak down tester it will solve the mystery