who drives nitro rc cars

i have a mt fun factor but is it electric start? or roto start or pull? do you use a glow pug ignitor or does it do it when you start it? is your glow plug good?

are the batteries in your glo plug igniter good?

I had a older rc 10 gt and put a sweet high rpm race engine in it cant remember the name off hand but I got tired of having to fix something on it everytime I took it out. Like everytime something broke on it.

i have tried everything to get this started it just wont start everything is good its new stuff the car is only like two years old too

drip a tiny bit of fuel in the cylinder see if it starts or prime it put your finger over the exhaust and pump it a little but it shoudl kick

are you sure the glow plug is lighting? pull the plug and hook the starter wire to it, crank it over and see if it glows

I used to race alot of electric and a little nitro. The nitro sport is electric start so try a different battery for the starter. A bump box is the best way to start it though (spins the flywheel w/ 2 electric motors). Nitro is kind of a pain, I like electric better.

I ran lipo batteries in an Associated B4 buggy with a 19T Spec motor, cut my own armatures and everything but riding is much more fun IMO.

Well your in luck I am a traxxas t-maxx 2.5r owner, and have you tryed replaceing the ez-start motor yet. My t-maxx did that same thing and I put on a new ez-start hit the switch and it fired rite up. You also have the possibility of a small air leak. If you have one it won't get compression to start. Also try flipping it up on its side and drain any old oil in the engine and muffler just before you run it, if there is any old oil it will come out the exhaust hole. If you have any more question try this site its free and the guys and gals on there have helped me tramendously:

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/

Last edited:
i got a hpi savagex w/ .28 sportwerks
traxxas nitro rustler with .26
hpi wheely king (rock crawler)w/ custom 4wd conv., rear lockers, front limited slip, tires, etc...
team losi mini-t w/ mamba kit
team losi micro-t

did you try a seprate glow igniter cause those ez start unit are notorious for shorting out the glow plug part of it the engine will still crank and the littli light will lite but it won't accually glow the glowplug