when pulling the head off

are moose racing gasket good?

not familiar with the moose brand, but if it's green or blue paper, write your girfreind a love letter on it, then go to ebensburgh yamaha and get yourself a factory base gasket, or it will eventually leak

Yep i just had a base gasket leak on the cheap green ones. It was tusk but there identical to the moose. If you use those put some sealant on there. You can get some sealant at any autoparts store right by the gasket maker.

get us a better pic of just the base gasket, if it has a slightly shiny, slippery coating on it, it's similar to the factory and cometic's and should be ok, but it's also possible these companies have caught on to our bashing their product and just changed the color of the paper ????

hope they dident because those cost 30$ at cernics and i got a wisco piston 2 go in it this week and im really trying 2 find a cheap silancer only can spend like 50$ on the silencer and i wana try getin some of awks gsxr breaks for it but dont have the money and their blurry because i dident open them yet

If i was you i would just get some sealant and rock em. just do a leak test to make sure they hold but all you will be out is 3$ on sealant and time just to try its better than just throwing them away.

Or just buy a base gasket from ken oconner for 8 bucks.

do you have a silencer now at all ???? or just want an aftermarket ???
i have a stock one you can have if needed

i have a stock one and i have a dg one and the dg dont have the holy thing in the middle and needs packed

you can't pack it without that inner tube, scrap it and just run the stocker, it adds zero performance anyway, just sound

ok but whats the rubber pice cost adams said 15$ so im not sure and i dident get one with the quad it was alrdy apart and it has all the stuff the guy told me all it needs is rebuilt and it will run

Even if you do buy the nice good quality gaskets you should leakdown test. And maybe there is a possibily to return the gaskets you already have? a leak down tester is 25$ base gasket is 8 and you could anneal the had gasket and make your own reed gasket and use silicone.

I have a diy on my old thread of how to make the center tube out of expanded metal.
Just get some mesh measure how long of tube you will need. I wrapped the metal around the broom stick to get it to be round then riveted together then just packed it. It stayed in there becuase there was bout and inch on each side of the silencer that the tube stuck in so it just floats on that but the packing keeps it from rattling. Lasted for a few months now.
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/lrd-exhaust-help-38875/index2.html