what's up from jersey!

curiouskyle20

Jul 21, 2010
North Jersey
Hi guys,

My name is Kyle and im 20 years old, and im from northern new jersey.

I just recently bought an 96 blaster with a freshly rebuilt engine, new rear tires, new rear brake pads, and new chain from an old buddy that desperatley needed money. I bought it from him for $450 dollars and its in great shape. This is my first quad and i've always wanted one and now i finally bought myself one.

anyway, the motor runs great and has no problems. it came with an fmf powercore 2 exhaust, and an upgraded air filter (i dnt remember the name on the side but it was this red round thing from what i remember last time taking the air cover off.) The only problem is the suspension and front brakes. the suspension is so bad i bounce around on the trails like a testicle on a 2 dollar whore, and my front brakes dont really do anything and i think they need new drum pads and adjusting.

if any of you guys could point me in the right direction as to which suspension to get and which front drum pads to get that would be awesome! I looked online a little bit and found progressive suspension which was like 300 dollars. if i can find some extra money laying around i'd like to get a set of works stg.1 that i found online brand new for like 450 i think.

I love riding but this suspension issue and brake issue are the only issues. I'd like to get these issues fixed as soon as possible because the suspension issue wears me out guys lol.

glad to be on the forum and i'll be around. thanks fellas!

welcome aboard dude, banshee front shocks and a 400ex rear are nice suspension upgrades for the money. oconner sells a 400ex conversion that makes it a gravey job.

hey blasterfreak, im by newark. I used to race downhill up there at diablo freeride park. its a really nice place. i heard they shut the dirt biking/quadding down up there cause someone got reallly badly hurt.

any good websites to get parts off of guys? or maybe someone can help me find the right parts. if I buy new shocks liek the progressive ones or the works ones will i have to get new bushing also?

Welcome to Blaster forum bro.......

Im in Middlesex County Sayreville.......

Got any pics of your new Blasty?

As for suspension I suggest start checking ebay and craigslist. Banshee fronts are a good upgrade. I get a set of Works off ebay for 125.00 for the front and I 400ex rear is a great upgrade also.....

As for the front brakes I would look into a hydro conversion IMO.....