What would you choose ?

xBLASTERx 420

Nov 11, 2008
New York
Alrite so i was at the dealer the other day lookin into gettin my yfz 450 he said he can do 7600 on an 09 450r or 5800 on an 08 brand new yfz. I really like the new 450r but im stuck on choosin which one.

man go with the new one. everyone likes something new and knowing your the only one thats done anything to it and not killed it. sure the 450r's nice but that much lower and new is sick.

id go for the 08, alot cheaper and with that extra cash you can make it faster than the 09

They put fuel injection on the '09's and there were alot of changes made between '08 and '09 but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $1800 for the '09.

08 all the way on the 09 they are efi so when you go buy aftermarket exhaust, hi comp piston etc.. alot of companys suggest a new efi module $140 for a Raptor 700 thats what they say or with carbs spend $ 10 for new jets to get it dialed in but what ever you want..

They put fuel injection on the '09's and there were alot of changes made between '08 and '09 but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $1800 for the '09.

for that reason alone i wouldnt get it if i was in his position. newly designed systems have alot of issues sometimes. from carb to fuel injection is a big difference, id like to wait it out and see if theres any bugs to be worked out. but alot of people dont give 2 sh*ts about that. thats just me.

yea i dnt like the idea of fuel injection i like carbs its something bout the idea of fuel injection id go with the 08 for sure

true that me and my uncle were talkin bout the other day i dnt know y everything is switching that way wait yea i do another way for smebdy to make a buck

08 all the way on the 09 they are efi so when you go buy aftermarket exhaust, hi comp piston etc.. alot of companys suggest a new efi module $140 for a Raptor 700 thats what they say or with carbs spend $ 10 for new jets to get it dialed in but what ever you want..

Try more like $100 for about 5 jets. 3 mains, 2 pilots, and a leak jet for an FCR. Them sun-bitches aint cheap! Get the 08 YFZ. 450R's are f*ckin junk and slow. And almost everyone with EFI who races are converting back to carbs.