What would cause this, Pics included

Anythings possible when your in 5+ inches of snow bombing through a field it seems, I am also baffled by the blemish in the head, Maybe it really did some how manage to suck snow/water past my filter and the dramatic temperature change damaged the head? The blemish is directly above the intake side of the motor, and im running a UNI filter with no air box lid. I didnt see any snow or water in my air box though when I removed my seat but that doesnt really mean anything as it could of already been sucked in at that point.

92f150300six, Yes the whole bottom end feels tight, the motor maybe has 25hrs on it from complete rebuild done maybe 2 months ago.
** Little history of my blasty **
Cases replaced also as the old ones had a huge hole the size of a medium orange in the bottom directly under the crank where the previous owner had busted a piston skirt and it found its way out the bottom sadly. I purchased a set of good clean used cases from feebay for 88 shipped to my door with transmission included. I purchased a wiseco stock stroke crank,rod,piston,rings,bearings,gasket set as a complete kit from feebay also for a pinch over 200 to my front door. The cylinder I had brought to a local machinist who did the boring work on my chevy 350 ( I know it may not be the same as a 2 stroke cylinder, but he did an amazing job on the block of my truck ), $50 for the overbore and free chamfering.

I followed Ken O Conners engine assembly vids when putting her back together, and even had the man on the phone after I encountered some problems out the gate which turned out to be a fuel delivery issue(petcock partially plugged ) thanks again btw ken if you ever read this. I am also leaning towards a casting flaw as the explanation for the odd looking head damage, as both you and scottj77 have suggested.

I recall a piece of electrical tape was sizzling and bubbling on top of the head when I got off the wheeler to inspect.

thats overheated, wether the piston/cylinder show signs of it or not !