what size main jet for winter?

jkimbrel

Sep 19, 2012
im allready running a 260 main jet but still runs like ass do i just keep going up sizes ? dont kno to much still learning.
have full pro circuit pipe reeds bored .80 over air box delete filter right on carb

Attachments

• 602402_3352211862653_1007847530_n.jpg
    602402_3352211862653_1007847530_n.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 225
Sounds Like your main jet size is Already too small , Bump it up to a 280-290 And Plug chop To confirm

Edit: See you say airbox delete , you should add 2 main jet sizes for that mod alone , Plus the Pipe adds another 2 mains , you might need a 300 or bigger if its cold enough where you are .

i go 2 sizes larger for temps in the 50s down to 30's
prolly go larger if i rode in anything colder
been working great for 4 seasons now

blasterbruce ya its bout 30f right now im in michigan 30 min north detroit i was runnin fine all summer and fall with the 230 main but as soon as it got cold it was like sh*t got the 260 today but still not runnin good so just try a 280 or 300?

The only True way to be on Top of your jetting is Plug Chops and knowing your motor is leak free , I would Say get sizes from 260-300 and plug chop to confirm proper jetting for the weather .

You were probably on the edge of lean all summer. Personally I'd start with 300, even if it's rich it will be good if it gets colder. BE AWARE!! you can cold seize even if you are jetted spot on and warm it up. My son seized his WOT 6th @0*f or below on the lake. If it's real cold rigg some card board to sheild the engine

watch this vid mine is almost the same thats from the jettin right?

Last edited by a moderator:
got all brand new seals on top end did the rebuild bout month ago took it out first time we got like inch of snow to go drifting was running fine goin down the road but as soon as i went to get on it in the feild started boggin at high rpms like that. idk it rain fine all summer till cupple days ago before n after rebuild

That seems almost worse than jetting issues then , Maybe do a compression check on it , Kick it at least 10 times With the Throttle Wide open the whole time .