What size jets should i be using??

Scspeed

Aug 23, 2009
I have an 03 blaster with a gold series fatty and fmf silencer, an aftermarket reed spacer along with an aftermarket reed cage and reeds (3 bolt) it has a stock filter at the moment but I am soon to upgrade.

It has a 240 main jet in it now which I belive is stock, which jet or jets should I try out first?

What do you guys use? Lmk thanks!

Well its really slugish at low rpms almost seems like its not getting enough air or too muhc fuel, when i take the cover off of the air box it runs almost fine, still a little sluggish but a TUN better..so would i want to try a smaller jet or a bigger jet?

Well its really slugish at low rpms almost seems like its not getting enough air or too muhc fuel, when i take the cover off of the air box it runs almost fine, still a little sluggish but a TUN better..so would i want to try a smaller jet or a bigger jet?

when tuning one tunes by throttle position not the rpm. i would say that you should be on a 270 main and if you still have problems in the lower throttle positions then you should look at getting the next size up pilot jet and possibly lowering your clip position by one on the needle to fatten up your lower to midrange. try the 270 main first and read the article that is posted in my signature as it will tell you what each circuit does in a carb and help you to tune the carb for your application.

Wouldnt a larger jet just make me run richer though? i can start my quad very often when motor is cold with no choke what so ever...my carb is bone stock.

Like is said it runs better when i take the air box off, this being that when gettting more air the motor runs better, wouldnt that mean i am running to rich?? fattening up teh jet just doesnt make sense to me. What am i missing? lol

If you are gonna run with the lid on or off, you gotta pick one and plug chop with that choice. A plug chop takes all of 2 minutes to do. Well worth the 2 minutes for the amount of reliability, safety, and performance that you will achieve!