What in gods name is wrong with my blaster.

Cmh156

Feb 18, 2009
Austintown,OHIO.
Just got it and i think the clutch is done. It runs will shift into gears but the clutch seems like it will not catch so it doesnt go anywere. Anyone have this problem? I need to ride this puppy and need it running as i have to start training for racing this summer. Please tell me i dont need a new motor or something.

Cable or push rod is off adjustment. If not then your frictions or plates are probably worn.

I was adjusting it at the lever perch and still nothing. How could i check the push rod? Also how do i tell my clutch is f*cked? Im sooo mad cause i just got it like a week ago.

Did you remember to soak the friction plates in oil? To adjust the push rod you take the clutch cover off, and then loosen the lock nut in the center of the plate, then turn the push rod till the clutch arm (where the cable attaches) till it points at the raised notch on the case.

Did you remember to soak the friction plates in oil? To adjust the push rod you take the clutch cover off, and then loosen the lock nut in the center of the plate, then turn the push rod till the clutch arm (where the cable attaches) till it points at the raised notch on the case.

Well it got the case oil so that should soak them? Also do you have like a quick paint drawing of the notch on the case? Im going to tear it apart tomorrow to find the problem,also should i use locktight on the center bolt.?

I am also having a clutch problem...it slips out of second gear into neutral sometimes about mid-range and it doesnt grab until about 3/4 of the way out on the clutch so i tried to adjust it and if i adjust the cable out anymore it starts slipping at higher rev. does this just sound like i need a clutch kit or could that be trans issues?