What does stroker crankshaft mean?

Regal

Way wrong, lot's of holes in that. That is about very much diff. engines, too. Let's keep this 2 stroke. I'll start a thread up in "off topic" and give you some formulas for figuring what's what. I'll try and explain from there.

A

regal81455...NICE RIDE...I bet that car moves on down the road with that much torque...you must get tired of buying tires though! Are you running aluminum heads or a long duration cam? I don't think I could run that much compression on 93 octane in my 400 without pulling alot of timing out...

Oldfart.
that makes sense. I understand what you are talking about now...I guess head design in two strokes is still really important, but just in a different way.
It's kinda hard for me to wrap my brian around a cylinder head without intake runners or exhaust ports, but hey, it seems to get the job done pretty well anyway. I'll do some more basic research on the 2-stroke so I can understand/hopefully contribute to discussions one day!

Thanks for the explanation.

We need a new section in the forums....called "4-stroke therapy"

Well, Id like to see you prove that displacement isn't a measure of bore x crankshaft stroke x # of cylinders or that stroke isnt center to center on the journals of a crankshaft x 2...put these #'s into the following calculator from Ross Piston ( bore=2.60 ( 66mm stockbore ) x ( stroke=2.24 ( 57mm stock stroke on stock crankshaft ) x 1 cylinder, whats that equal?? 11.90cid or 195cc right? Where the rod length come into that at all?? Im not trying to be disrespectful in any shape or form Oldfart but just becuz you are old doesn't mean you more than the someone younger or even older, next guy...two strokes are definitely not rocket science but most principles still apply all the same...

And as for the buick, i running stock cast iron stg. 1 heads w/ kenne bell roller rockers, dual rate springs,kenne bell mark 3 cam, and 3500 art carr stall, it has no vacuum at idle which really sux at stop lights with a vacuum assisted brake setup but very fun to dust peeps!

Nope

But I know more about this, see the other thread. Your formulas work for you, but are incorrect. The crank is not a part of the TRUE definition. I'll walk you through it. I build 30K engines for a hobby, I have done way batter than that on several occaisions. Let's take this elsewhere, it doesn't have anything to do with rods let alone 2 strokes.

A