Vito's big bore kit rod bearing

Sparks

Sep 2, 2016
I just got my big bore kit is the rod bearing supposed to have some kind of spacer or something it slides on the wrist pin slot farther then the old top end I have

I just got my big bore kit is the rod bearing supposed to have some kind of spacer or something it slides on the wrist pin slot farther then the old top end I have
Nope. Just the bearing. What big bore kit did you get vito's? What pipe and carb you got?

Toomey pipe, stock carb, vitos big bore topend I just thought it was weird the the bearing could slide across the wrist pin like a 1/4 inch more than on the wisco piston that was on it before. It must just stay centered while running

Toomey pipe, stock carb, vitos big bore topend I just thought it was weird the the bearing could slide across the wrist pin like a 1/4 inch more than on the wisco piston that was on it before. It must just stay centered while running
Sides of the piston keep it in . what piston did you get with the kit? Cast or forged?

Sides of the piston keep it in . what piston did you get with the kit? Cast or forged?
I'm not exactly sure if its forged or not and the kit came with jug head piston rings wrist pin and rod bearings

I'm not exactly sure if its forged or not and the kit came with jug head piston rings wrist pin and rod bearings
The forged big bore pistons are made by weisco for vitos i believe. You get a jet kit with it? The blue needle seems to run to rich for most people that are not running the fat basturd pipe.

The forged big bore pistons are made by weisco for vitos i believe. You get a jet kit with it? The blue needle seems to run to rich for most people that are not running the fat basturd pipe.
Yes came with jet kit with blue needle and I k ow a weisco piston when I see it and this one was not

Yes came with jet kit with blue needle and I k ow a weisco piston when I see it and this one was not
What else are you doing to it?besides the big bore. The big bore kits come alive when ported and head mod. They are not all that. Right out of the box. New crank seals and a leakdown test would be a good idea. Since they haven't made blasters since 06. If still original seals they are old.

It’s perfectly normal, I have had two vito’s 240 kits and both of them had excessive play in relation to the wrist pin bearings and inside shoulders/ears of piston. They are indeed forged pistons, at least both of mine were. As to if they are made by weisco or not, I’m not sure on the piston that came with the kit but I do know on the vito’s forged superstock piston that they are made by weisco.

I know this isn’t what you want to hear but my vito’s 240’s only made a slight gain over the original cylinder imho, I had one that was ported and I had the head milled because the squish band was far to large for my liking and compared to my stock 67mm cylinder ported by eric gorr with a rechamberd head made what felt to me almost double the power compared to the ported vito’s by seat of the pants. That blaster was running an f7 pipe with pwk35 air striker carb and cfm aluminum airbox.

It’s perfectly normal, I have had two vito’s 240 kits and both of them had excessive play in relation to the wrist pin bearings and inside shoulders/ears of piston. They are indeed forged pistons, at least both of mine were. As to if they are made by weisco or not, I’m not sure on the piston that came with the kit but I do know on the vito’s forged superstock piston that they are made by weisco.

I know this isn’t what you want to hear but my vito’s 240’s only made a slight gain over the original cylinder imho, I had one that was ported and I had the head milled because the squish band was far to large for my liking and compared to my stock 67mm cylinder ported by eric gorr with a rechamberd head made what felt to me almost double the power compared to the ported vito’s by seat of the pants. That blaster was running an f7 pipe with pwk35 air striker carb and cfm aluminum airbox.
Well here's a little history of the bike since I've had it I bought it 5 or 6 years ago rode it for a while let my buddy borrow it for a day (bad idea) he didn't put the right amount of oil in the gas boom done. I rebuilt it with wiseco top and bottom kit (it had newmera pison and not sure what crank)the jug had a crappy port and polish decided to send it.rode it for a year or 2. Again let a buddy ride it this time the guy pin it down a old airplane runway. Boom melted piston. I ended up buying the big bore kit. Top end only. Seems to be running fine now. I'm trying to dial in the jet now.

Well here's a little history of the bike since I've had it I bought it 5 or 6 years ago rode it for a while let my buddy borrow it for a day (bad idea) he didn't put the right amount of oil in the gas boom done. I rebuilt it with wiseco top and bottom kit (it had newmera pison and not sure what crank)the jug had a crappy port and polish decided to send it.rode it for a year or 2. Again let a buddy ride it this time the guy pin it down a old airplane runway. Boom melted piston. I ended up buying the big bore kit. Top end only. Seems to be running fine now. I'm trying to dial in the jet now.
Let us know how your jetting comes out