vitos 240 fat bastard pipe

i talked to Ken yesterday he's got my jug and head right now he told me vitos doesn't have any stock left and there not gonna get anymore i guess

i talked to Ken yesterday he's got my jug and head right now he told me vitos doesn't have any stock left and there not gonna get anymore i guess

eh, they weren't that popular around here anyway,
was there a reason for that ? better pipes ?

well i guess the bigger question to ask is since finding a vitos pipe is gonna be time consuming/not possible what's a good pipe for a 240 blaster?
I've got Ken porting the jug and cutting the head for the BBK (LA sleeve) it's a stock stroke engine. i'm running with no lid on the airbox vforce 2 reeds. Ken gave me a couple places to check out dyno port , CPI , Trinity it looks like dyno port and trinity are making pipes for the blaster ct pipes is another place i came across. The one thing that bothers me and the reason i was looking at the vitos pipe they don't tell you what displacement the pipe was designed for. Vitos was the only one i found that said it was made for a 240 kit. I fly model airplanes and have played with tuned pipes on some of my faster planes and i know the size and length of the pipe can change your power band and how it comes on. I'm gonna be doing mainly trail riding with this quad so i'm looking for low to mid power.

Last edited:
ask dualstroke, wifesblaster and 79bronco how they like their trinity/ct pipes on 3-4mm stroked 240's ?

ask me why i'm way faster in the trails on a "high rpm" trinity pipe than i am on a mid hit toomey pipe ? (i have both)

just get the CT/Trinity pipe, you will not be dissapointed.
plus........it's sold with the la sleeve cylinder as a kit, by CT.
so it has to be the best pipe for that cylinder :D

but that used vitos pipe is worth a try for $100
wish i didn't have something $ wise going on this week, i'd grab it just to test against the other 5 i've tried.

Last edited:
The first time i talked to Ken about building my 240 i told him that i got a DG exhaust that i was gonna use and he told me not to bother with it and look for something like a vitos pipe. So i figured since he recommended it it's gotta something worth while to get. I think i might get the used pipe just because of the price but its pretty rough looking

The first time i talked to Ken about building my 240 i told him that i got a DG exhaust that i was gonna use and he told me not to bother with it and look for something like a vitos pipe. So i figured since he recommended it it's gotta something worth while to get. I think i might get the used pipe just because of the price but its pretty rough looking

if the vito's is now done for good ?
look for a used toomey or any of the right bends, and you'll be fine.

check these threads out for actual reveiws....

http://www.blasterforum.com/exhaust-137/pipeshootout-1996-dyno-39519/

http://www.blasterforum.com/exhaust-137/pipe-review-23423/

Yea Ken said that the last order of Vitos pipes took like years to clear out the stock and they not gonna carry them due to low demand thanks awk for the advice I was wondering to how much for one of the rear brake conversion kits that you make

Last edited:
Sweet. Make sure you loot at the mounting surface on the flange. Mine had a weld bugger on it and would not seal tight to the motor. I used a grinder to flatten it out.

Yea Ken said that the last order of Vitos pipes took like years to clear out the stock and they not gonna carry them due to low demand thanks awk for the advice I was wondering to how much for one of the rear brake conversion kits that you make

I'll get you the brake info on tuesday when I get back home

Cool thanks awk, and ill take a look at the flange when I get it in next week I can't wait to fire this thing up i can't wait to check out the work that Ken's gonna do on my jug and head its been 2 months building this motor