vforce reeds or stock cage with aftermarket reeds ?

Nov 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
Aright so having to switch is gonna suck either way cause I currently have v-force 3's but my cage must be worn cause every couple rides my top and or bottom outer reeds pop out, and I don't feel like spendin another $130-$150 on reeds. So I'm tryin to decide if I should get some used vforce reeds ( not vf3's ) with aluminum spacer for $60 or a used stock cage (with unknown reeds in good condition) for $50 and whatever aftermarket reeds I can get for under $30. If I should get the stock cage what kind of reeds should I go with ? Any quick suggestions or opinions would be awesome ! Thanks

You don't seem to have a lot of mods so a stock cage with aftermarket reeds would work well. That seems like a high price for a stock cage.

Aright so having to switch is gonna suck either way cause I currently have v-force 3's but my cage must be worn cause every couple rides my top and or bottom outer reeds pop out, and I don't feel like spendin another $130-$150 on reeds. So I'm tryin to decide if I should get some used vforce reeds ( not vf3's ) with aluminum spacer for $60 or a used stock cage (with unknown reeds in good condition) for $50 and whatever aftermarket reeds I can get for under $30. If I should get the stock cage what kind of reeds should I go with ? Any quick suggestions or opinions would be awesome ! Thanks

New Vf's are 123 shipped on ebay, Or woodward specialties on here will match that!

Anyhow show us a pic of the inner cage with out the reeds on it, Something has to be wrong , I'd contact moto tassinari and see if they will warranty it, they should never wear out!

I have never ran the stock cage so I cannot comment on that.

a stock cage with AM reeds will work fine for you, i prefer single petals myself
then send me that vf3 cage so i can figure out whats wrong with it ???
you don't happen to be trying to run a reed spacer behing the vf3's ????
if so, the inner cage can push back under excelleration and the reed petals can come off (just ask slick)

All I have between the cylinder and vf3's is a gasket. When I go to put the reed petals back in I've noticed that the reed cage is not sitting in that clip securely, like I can juggle the reed cage back and forth in that clip

And you guys don't think the vforces with the aluminum reed spacer would be better for a little more ? I'm just asking cause I have no idea and you would know better then me

yes, of course the vf3's are better, but no need for a spacer unless there is carb to clutch arm clearence issues,
and only run a spacer between vf3's and cylinder, not behind the vf3's

yes, of course the vf3's are better, but no need for a spacer unless there is carb to clutch arm clearence issues,
and only run a spacer between vf3's and cylinder, not behind the vf3's

This goes for VF2's also <<<<<<<<<<<<<<Experience here! I:I

And you guys don't think the vforces with the aluminum reed spacer would be better for a little more ? I'm just asking cause I have no idea and you would know better then me

NO i don't believe a spacer does anything Performance wise. Just moves the carb away from the clutch arm as AWK said!

I have that bar in the center installed, my inner reeds never come out its just the outer reeds that are supposed to be held in place by the clip. The reed cage seems to snap into the clip but every time I go to take the reeds out the cage that hold the reed petals is slightly out of that clip, so after enough wiggling around back Nd forth one of my reed petals pops out of place. AND IT ALWAYS HAPPENS WHEN IM RIDING ALONE, it sucks. I'll go get my reeds and post a couple pics in my " my pics " album.

Sorry I'm not being specific enough, the ones I'm looking at for $60 arnt vf3's or vf2's, they just say vforce. How are the original vforce reeds compared to stock cage with aftermarket reeds ?

Sorry I'm not being specific enough, the ones I'm looking at for $60 arnt vf3's or vf2's, they just say vforce. How are the original vforce reeds compared to stock cage with aftermarket reeds ?

link to these mysterious "v-force" reeds ???

They were on Rochester Craigslist, I just went to copy the URL and they must have sold already cause they're gone and there use to be 98 results for blaster reeds and now there's ink 97. Looks like I just got my decision made for me haha. What kind of reeds do you suggest for a stock cage for under $30?

I've got some bad ass luck ! Yesterday I found a stock cage with stage 2 reeds for $26 + shipping, I went to go get a prepaid master card and when I came back to order them they were gone already. Now I can't find nothin for under $50

They were on Rochester Craigslist, I just went to copy the URL and they must have sold already cause they're gone and there use to be 98 results for blaster reeds and now there's ink 97. Looks like I just got my decision made for me haha. What kind of reeds do you suggest for a stock cage for under $30?

Pro stock boysen carbon fiber are what alot of guys like!

The pic is wrong but the reeds u get are correct!
Boyesen Super Stock Reeds Reed Blaster YFS200 YFS 200 | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted a picture, I took mulitple pics but it would only let me upload that 1. I noticed that little crack but it doesn't seem to effect how they sit in the clip. The clip does not hold the reed cage tight enough for some reason, theres a lot of play which allows the reed cage to wiggle around and there's nothing I can do to make the clip hold the cage securely. I'm gonna order a stock cage with some reeds for now and ill try calling MOTO Tassinari tomorrow like you suggested and see if they'll warranty/replace my vf3's for me ( keep your fingers crossed for me guys, and I really appreciate all the help !

I posted a picture, I took mulitple pics but it would only let me upload that 1. I noticed that little crack but it doesn't seem to effect how they sit in the clip. The clip does not hold the reed cage tight enough for some reason, theres a lot of play which allows the reed cage to wiggle around and there's nothing I can do to make the clip hold the cage securely. I'm gonna order a stock cage with some reeds for now and ill try calling MOTO Tassinari tomorrow like you suggested and see if they'll warranty/replace my vf3's for me ( keep your fingers crossed for me guys, and I really appreciate all the help !

How the hell did that cage crack? The little nipples look in good shape. must be the outer cage piece that snaps into!