valhalla's newest ocean adventure!!

Valhalla

May 8, 2007
so, yesterday we crossed the equator and had our traditional crossing the line ceremony. i was woke up at 4:30am by a baby powder shower, got dressed and herded out into the passageway where we were pelted by eggs, abused, sprayed with multiple fire hoses, forced to eat green eggs and burnt toast, dunked in pools of green dye, had peanut butter packed into my ears, jelly smeared on my head, and washed with more fire hoses.

i blew kisses to a fat mans belly that was also covered in peanut butter, had to sing "row row row your boat" and "im a little teapot" numerous times, do about 1000 push ups, duck walk while getting sprayed with more fire hoses, and all of this was done while wearing my uniform inside out and backward all day.

it was a blast and a total mess. but how many time sdoes someone get to do something like this and not get into trouble for making such a mess of things? we tore this entire ship up from front to back. there wasnt a space inside or hallway that wasnt slimed, egged, powdered, or smeared with peanut butter.

and some people the military is all serious and sh*t!!!

and to top it all off, later that evening, the USMC gave me $12,000 to reenlist for another 4 years.

and here is one of me reenlisting for another 4 years. at the end of this tour, it will put me up to 17 years of military service.

looks like a blast! Thanks for all your service and time well spent man!! thanks again!

WOOHOO SHELLBACK ! ! ! Gratz man Thats a real honor...

we are heading down to Australia for a few days and then back up to the USA. when we come back across the equator we will be doing it at 0,0 to get that whole golden shellback thing out of the way also.