Triple Exhaust Ports...

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
I have lots of irons in the fire. I wonder how much a triple exhaust port would help in a stock cylinder. The reason I ask, is because the exhaust ports that I creates flow very well and create lots of power. How much extra can you gain from two tiny extra ports on each side of the exhaust port (limited in the stock cylinder) compared to a well designed "single" exhaust port?
Hmmm?

I have heard that A Ported Stock Bore/Stroke , Benefited From the Triple Exhaust ports , I do not have a Way to Prove it Does , But Have heard It made A Word of Difference when Coupled with A Proper Port job with the Right Port Timing .

My "cut away" cylinder shows that there is only so much room to cut. I can see from the "cut away" cylinder that if the width of the stock exhaust port remained,I could add the other small ports on each side. However,If I give it my larger,properly designed and timed single port,with proper "ring friendly" chamfering, there is very,very little room for added ports on each side.

More re-search...hmmmm

triples are not worth the time, effort and risk to do them IMO.
my huge single exhaust ported cylinder runs right with those with the triples.

Well . Maybe The Bigger Single port could Work Better than the Triples , It All Depends on Stroke,Port Area And Port Timing !.

I'm fully aware of all that. I might give it a shot at a latter date,but until then, I'm going to do the research. I just don't see an advantage to it over a properly designed single port like I already cut.

Simply not worth the time on a stock cylinder unless you do a bunch of welding. The ports that I’ve seen cut look very impressive on the inside of the cylinder but when you look at the size of the actual hole that’s drilled into the cylinder, it’s clear to see that you can easily get more port area from simply making a bigger port. The Vitos and LA Sleeve cylinder are a different story. These cylinders are made to accommodate larger sub exhaust ports.

I'm fully aware of all that. I might give it a shot at a latter date,but until then, I'm going to do the research. I just don't see an advantage to it over a properly designed single port like I already cut.

Sounds good , I Will Retract My Previous Statement then !.