TORS System Wires unplugged

jmesser80

Sep 11, 2013
Claremont New Hampshire
I am new to the Blaster scene and rescently bought a 2001.
I know enough about motors to be dangerous but that's about it.

When I was going through the Blaster to see what maintenance needed to be done I noticed a few wires that were unplugged, I looked up the wiring diagram in my Clymer manual and pin-pointed the wires to be TORS system going from the throttle to the relay and from the Carb to the relay.
I hooked the wires back up in case they needed to be plugged in for the blaster to run, (Didn't notice a difference plugged in or unplugged)

My quesiton is by unplugging these wires will it eliminate the TORS system?
Or would I need to buy the TORS eliminator kit?

I've been riding it with the wires plugged in but didn't know if it makes a difference or not.

I've read a few articles on here and it seems that installing the TORS eliminator kit doesn't seem to be that hard but didn't notice in any of the Articles where it stated to un-plug those wires.

I don't mind installing the kit but if it is NOT installed does it have a big effect on the blaster? Is it more reliable with it on or with it taken off?

Any help is greatly appreciated as always!

Thank you in Advance

It is a good idea to eliminate the TORS, many a person has had to walk home because of a mechanical or electrical malfunction.

The TORS are prone to problems.

Sounds good.
When installing the eliminator kit will I need to disconnect the wires that run to the relay and throttle / relay to carb (obviously the block on top
Of the carb will be eliminated.)

The eliminator kit has nothing to do with the wiring. It has a new cap for the car and linkage to hook up the throtle cable. It should also have a screw to instal for the idle adjustment.