TORS Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2014
Florida
Hey guys I did a search but only found the tread for 03 -06. My throttle cable broke I bought a new one installed it now the bike won't idle I think its the tors and want to eliminate it. I am trying to find a tread on this. I know they make a kit but some come with a screw some don't and I need to know what electrical stuff I need to remove. Bike runs great just won't idle now.

Thanks in advance.

TORS won't affect idle. Big knurrled knob/screw on top of carb is idle screw adjustment.
TORS "brain" is under hood and has three wires, just unplug it. Don't know colors, but only 3 wire electronic unit.

Ok I think there is a problem with the idle adjustment screw on the tors box. I replaced the throttle cable because mine broke due to rusted out. When I opened the tors box it was full of rust and corosion. I cleaned up were the cable connects and put everything back together but where the idle screw was the spring was all rusted so I think thats the problem. I think was going to just eliminate it or do you think I could just put in a new screw and spring?

Will Close this one so that you can continue conversation in original thread: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/broken-throttle-cable.58296/

FYI - You can always find your old content by clicking on your profile and then "Your Content"
upload_2014-3-7_23-5-53.png

Status
Not open for further replies.