Top End Tapping noise?

I would mess with the carb. Believe it or not I messed with the air/fuel mixture screw on my keihin pwk 28. All the way in no noise. One and a half turns out it made the same noise as in your video. Correct me if I'm wrong but worked for me. It seems it was not getting enough lubrication from the gas and oil when mixture screw was out. Possible jetting isue.?.?

mine makes a good amount of noise as well, but most air cooled 2 strokes make a good amount of noise.

you need to check the piston to wall clearance to be sure everything is kosher

same here. id say that the noise on here isnt that bad. the camera makes it sound worse. its hard to say. mine definitly ticks pretty good. but so does every other blaster ever made

Scot - it still has the oil injection hooked up, so i did not mix the gas. i just ordered some of the Klotz Super Techniplate and Bel Ray Gear Saver off of RockyMountain, as well as a new top end gasket kit. not sure if i should put it back together and see how it goes with some different oil or take it apart some more... On a side note, i did come with a spare engine (everything but piston i believe), though i am not real sure on the condition...

DO NOT run super techniplate in the injector unless it says on the bottle you can. you have to buy special 2 stroke oil that works with injectors

DO NOT run super techniplate in the injector unless it says on the bottle you can. you have to buy special 2 stroke oil that works with injectors

here i'll repeat that for ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this has been talked about alot on this site. IMO u wasted ur time ripping apart ur top. theres nothing wrong with it. blasters are nosey motors. when i 1st got mine i started a thread JUST like this 1 only i didnt rip my head off. i did my research. and yes camera DOES make it sound louder then it really is. if u youtube REAL race blasters theyre nosey too. fully tuned blasters to the max are nosey. when u washed ur bike u got water in the air filter thats why it started up bad. all u had to do was start it, WOT in neutral and block the airfilter with a rag to force the carb to suck out water. WOT it on and off while u block the air. works for all the time.

http://youtu.be/jJQkyisJCco