Those of you with bigger carbs.

i think elvis is saying that by freezing the boot, it won't heat up as fast, clogging the sanding cone with hot rubber as fast, makes sense
would i do it....no, i'd just buy the correct size intake, yeah thats an extra $60, but worth not having the boot rip down the road and frying a piston

heres a "boiling it" DIY.............

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/diy-big-carb-lil-boot-lol-dont-cut-one-up-try-36114/

another rear boot mod...........

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/adapter-bigger-carbs-stock-airbox-under-7-a-32852/

i dremmeled out my stock boot when i first got my 34mm and never had a issue with it but the genuine 34mm-36mm intakes are very nice and i prefer them. as far as longevity i belive blasterfreek has been rocking a dremmmeled out stock intake for a few years now with his 35mm airstryker

i dremmeled out my stock boot when i first got my 34mm and never had a issue with it but the genuine 34mm-36mm intakes are very nice and i prefer them. as far as longevity i belive blasterfreek has been rocking a dremmmeled out stock intake for a few years now with his 35mm airstryker

sure have man...and still have not had 1 problem with it..it does get thin but i put mine in the drill press with a sanding drum..that way i knew i was keeping the hole nice and even all the way around, a dremmel will make u have gouges or deeper spots than other...thats where it will tear and cause a airleak

Well i had a spare boot i used for mock up/practice and took very little out of it with a dremel and it looks like its going to be perfect!I dont have the carb yet and my kdx is torn down for a rebuild over the winter so i mocked it all up with the keihin 35mm pwk i have its a shame the boot is seperating from the metal in it because it turned out very well.

I tried boiling it and almost had it a few times but even with dish soap it wouldnt go.I dont know how you guys got it on.I like the dremel way i literally didnt take much out to get it to slip on and off and physically dont look any different really than before.

Thanks i cant wait to see what this adds to my current combo!Any HP guesstimations with my mods in my sig once properly tuned of course?

Ill be putting on a TM34 mikuni carb (THANKS TO SICIVICDUDE I:I ) and would like as many and as detailed pics as you guys can get of the install of a bigger carb.

I plan to use the stock air box at this time and did a search and found some good info but id like more detailed info like a parts list and a step by step if possible.Preferably using parts i can get at the local ace hardware since thats what we have there in town.

Im actually shocked theres not one on here yet with all the info thats already here.:eek: I did however get a lot of good info so far from "BRAAAPTOR" guy seems to know these carbs very well again thanks bro!

So to those of you who have installed these bigger carbs can you maybe make a sticky worthy write for those of us who havent?

Also while on the subject what are your predictions for how my 240BBK will wake up to the addition of this part and my current mods?I like my FMF SST2 header and plan to keep it but will it be hindering power enough to make an exhaust swap worth the money?I do eventually plan to swap it out for a dynoport setup but its not high on my priority list until i finish my kdx.

What do you guys think???
hey u still have tht pipe or did u sell it.