the blaster is gone :(

csrt4

May 9, 2012
well i sold my blaster yestarday... i am really gonna miss it, i finally had everything tuned in right and running great!! but it was time to move on to something bigger and better.. i ended up buying a 01' bombardier ds 650 for $900.. it's in pretty good shape for the most part but does need a little tlc.. the motor is very strong and doesn't smoke or anything... the only thing it needs is a new clutch..
the mods include K&N, trinity stg 4 full exhaust, and ron woods rev box...

i just want to thanks everyone for there help, it really helped me enjoy the blaster much more with all the infor on this site... i plan on sticking around and sharibng some vids and build photo's before and after..

here's some pics of the old blister:
2012-06-23_13-10-56_292.jpg

2012-06-23_13-11-21_379.jpg

photobucket-19769-1340514390688.jpg

and here is ther new pig:
photobucket-10107-1340853653836.jpg

photobucket-21914-1340853639351.jpg

photobucket-37257-1340853617371.jpg

bigger? of course. better? hell no! ugly? absolutely!

your decision though...whatever floats your boat man...

wow!!! didn't think i would get so much hate!! i know this IS a blaster forum and all, but damn!! this is a 4wheeler that has been a dream of mine for a long time..... seems to be faster than my friends 700r and much more stought in the hills&trails then my blaster ever would be, unless i dumped 1000's into it....
let me ask, how many of you haters ever hopped on one?? or is your blaster all you know...

The Ds 650 Is a Beast for what it is ! , Found one local that needs a Stator for under 700 , But I Shouldn't buy it haha , Glad you got something you Always wanted , even if it Isn't A Blaster !

i wasn't hating on you man. it's completely up to you. long as you like it is all that matters.

the fact is though, that thing is gargantuan. you will never have as much fun on it as you would the blaster. it's huge, heavy, not that attractive and could never handle as well as a modded blaster.

wow!!! didn't think i would get so much hate!! i know this IS a blaster forum and all, but damn!! this is a 4wheeler that has been a dream of mine for a long time..... seems to be faster than my friends 700r and much more stought in the hills&trails then my blaster ever would be, unless i dumped 1000's into it....
let me ask, how many of you haters ever hopped on one?? or is your blaster all you know...

I wouldn't of done that deal but, that's me! I have never ridden one! Nothing against 4strokes i have one also, that has been very good to me. But my Blaster handles much better, is faster, and is built the way I want it!

Hopefully you won't bend a valve or have a oil pump go, or you'll be wishing you had your blaster and the ease of repair!

But anyhow Enjoy it and ignore the haters!

i would of kept the Blaster! but the ds's are very very fast but at the same time they are very heavy and not something you can throw around on a mx track. if i was upgrading from the blaster, i would of went with either a yfz 450, ktm 450,ds 450 or a trx 450. But you can't beat the price of $900 so maybe with enouge modding you will get something half decent out of it! either way you got a smokin deal on it