Stock Compression PSI?

BastinPastYou

Dec 4, 2008
What is suppose to be the stock compression on a 03 Blaster? I just bought one that is suppose to be bored .60 over so I imagined it was higher compression. I just tested it at 120. It runs STRONG but I read somewhere that it was suppose to be 130-140 according to the manual. I looked at another Blaster before this one and it was only 90. What is the compression suppose to be?

So is 110 bad? The guy I bought it from tested it. I don't doubt his skills since he's an MMI graduate.

But yeah he said he tested it and it was 110. I see 120 seeming to be optimal so I'm a little low. But then again she's is 15 years old. Used the decode on this group. She's an 02.

So yeah I mean is that ok if it doesn't get worse? Or am I at a power loss there?

The minimum that you want is 100.

It should still run quite well with 110.

Yeah she does. Started first kick no choke after sitting for a month. The guy I bought it from was smart and drained the fuel system before storing. So yeah I bought her. Primed the carb and she fired right up. Even with an old plug. Runs even better with the new plug