Stator replacement

Perhamite

Feb 3, 2013
Hello
I do more lurking than anything and use the search function when needed. I have owned a 92 blaster for many years and it has been passed down by my children. At the moment it is not starting well and not running well and then quits when hot. I have a factory service manual and have tested everything electrical as well as checked compression and leakdown and carb and reeds, well you get the point. The primary coil on the stator is testing out of range at 150 ohms so I believe I have found the culprit. Does that sound correct? I have been looking for a stator and am not sure which to buy? Mister electrical is pretty cheap but sometimes you get what you pay for. Where should I buy it, I only need the primary coil, the pickup and lighting coils are fine. I have a a new cdi and secondary coil already.

Are you freakin kidding me? All of the Ricks, RM, Ricky Stator are junk. I wouldn't buy anything from any of them.

Buy a new OEM Yamaha source coil and solder it in.

Not everything. I figured out the Banshee slide in the Blaster carb that nobody else knew about.

I've got a brand new Rick's Motorsports Banshee stator that I wouldn't even consider putting in any of my Banshees because I don't want to risk getting stranded. Here's my take on all this. Maybe the Rick's stators are OK. Maybe they're not, but if I was Rick and I put out a quality product, I sure wouldn't name my company anything that could be confused with all the other dirtbag company's. I'd call it Billy Bob's Better Stators or something.
I'll still stand by OEM stators and flywheels any day of the week. When my 25 year old OEM Blaster source coil failed, damn right I bought a new one from Yamaha.

Oh, and if we're gonna point fingers here, at least I don't end every sentence with an exclamation mark like some people on here.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg