Sorry Ive Been Gone so Long!

As the newly crowned AMA Superbike Championship series winner — for an incredible sixth straight year — the Suzuki GSX-R1000 is the undisputed dominant superbike of our era. For 2009, it’s making history in another way: it’s totally redesigned for even greater racetrack performance.

As the newly crowned AMA Superbike Championship series winner — for an incredible sixth straight year — the Suzuki GSX-R1000 is the undisputed dominant superbike of our era. For 2009, it’s making history in another way: it’s totally redesigned for even greater racetrack performance.

AMA is a joke compared to moto gp. Saying you won in AMA is like saying you won in the special olympics. Who gives a sh*t?

The only reason suzuki does "so well" in ama is because they have 10 teams for every other companies 1. Watching the race finish results is like this......

Suzuki
Suzuki
Kawasucki
Honda
Yamaha
Suzuki
Suzuki
Suzuki
Suzuki
Suzuki
Yamaha
Suzuki
Suzuki
Suzuki
Suzuki
Suzuki
Suzuki

Do you want me to pull those statistics/facts out too?

Making comparisons between your road-going bike and MotoGP is like pissing in the wind. AMA is driven by the philosophy of "race on sunday, sell on monday" when MotoGP is at the pinnacle of performance with technology that might trickle down to the consumer in 5-10 years. Try to find any similarities between your R1 and a YZF-M1.

I really don't give two sh*ts what wins but I will say that between the two, AMA is more relevant when you want to start measuring dicks.

I will ask, what does the latest manufacturer on the podium have to do with how well of a rider you are? Get over your ego, get back on a 600, and start over building skills with killer corner speed.

Making comparisons between your road-going bike and MotoGP is like pissing in the wind. AMA is driven by the philosophy of "race on sunday, sell on monday" when MotoGP is at the pinnacle of performance with technology that might trickle down to the consumer in 5-10 years. Try to find any similarities between your R1 and a YZF-M1.

I really don't give two sh*ts what wins but I will say that between the two, AMA is more relevant when you want to start measuring dicks.

I will ask, what does the latest manufacturer on the podium have to do with how well of a rider you are? Get over your ego, get back on a 600, and start over building skills with killer corner speed.

Why would the best racer in the world (rossi) pick to go with yamaha over suzuki? Because the bike is better, motogp bike or not it is a better design. Im sure suzuki would be able to cut him a bigger check than yamaha anyday. He doesnt want money though, he wants to win, which is why he chooses yamaha.

I agree, rider skill is %90 of the race. This debate isnt about rider skill, its about which is a better bike.

As for similiarities
YCCI
YCCT
Slipper clutch
Frame
Now crossplane crankshaft

If it works in motogp and its not too expensive then they throw it on the public bike the next year. Just like they advertise. Suzuki has nothing to offer.

P.S. In your pic you need to bring your head down more and get your ass off the seat.

Ego? Im laying out the facts.

Why would the best racer in the world (rossi) pick to go with yamaha over suzuki? Because the bike is better, motogp bike or not it is a better design. Im sure suzuki would be able to cut him a bigger check than yamaha anyday. He doesnt want money though, he wants to win, which is why he chooses yamaha.

I agree, rider skill is %90 of the race. This debate isnt about rider skill, its about which is a better bike.

As for similiarities
YCCI
YCCT
Slipper clutch
Frame
Now crossplane crankshaft

If it works in motogp and its not too expensive then they throw it on the public bike the next year. Just like they advertise. Suzuki has nothing to offer.

P.S. In your pic you need to bring your head down more and get your ass off the seat.

Ego? Im laying out the facts.

My argument was the relevance between AMA and MotoGP. Which of the two has a professional caliber racer on a bike most similar to yours? AMA and WSBK. If Yamaha was dominating the AMA I'm sure you'd be all over it too. This has nothing to do with brand loyalty. Personally I want to get back on an R6 for the track.

P.S. When work allows, I've been an instructor on a good amount of local trackdays. That style right there is the result of a wide bike and short inseam.

My argument was the relevance between AMA and MotoGP. Which of the two has a professional caliber racer on a bike most similar to yours? AMA and WSBK. If Yamaha was dominating the AMA I'm sure you'd be all over it too. This has nothing to do with brand loyalty. Personally I want to get back on an R6 for the track.

P.S. When work allows, I've been an instructor on a good amount of local trackdays. That style right there is the result of a wide bike and short inseam.

AMA isnt significant. MotoGP is all that matters. Its like comparing american soccer teams to worldwide soccer teams. Obviously worldwide is going to have the better players/and or equipment.

I would like a track R6 too but I ride on the street for 8 months out of the year and the r6 has a hard time on the highway with race gearing. I can only afford one bike.

P.S. I dont know if I would call that a style as much as I would improper form. You can have proper body position even with wide bikes and tight turns.

For now I am a yamaha guy and have defended my point. Suzuki has nothing to offer and neither do the other brands within my price range.

I don't even know where to begin. As narrow-minded as you seem this is a pointless discussion, so I'll just say I completely agree with you.

Another pointless thread. I:I

haha very nice R1, my step dad is 45 and he got one, he got rid of his cbr, he was showin off infront of some college chicks, and he was doin a wheely and the car in front of him stopped short, he slammed it down, endoed and flipped over on his side.. im glad i saw it from another bike..my moms r6 =]

haha very nice R1, my step dad is 45 and he got one, he got rid of his cbr, he was showin off infront of some college chicks, and he was doin a wheely and the car in front of him stopped short, he slammed it down, endoed and flipped over on his side.. im glad i saw it from another bike..my moms r6 =]

Hope that your dad was ok and got a phone number.

Thats why I only ride like that at the track, people drive like idiots.

Haha thanks for your critique by looking at the large clear picture of my avatar. Without being too critical, judging from your clearly visible positioning on page 1 I'll take the evaluation pretty lightly.

BTW, drive like what at the track? Wheelies? Where I'm from you'll get thrown out for screwing around like that.

Just wondering, you mentioned regearing your R6 for the track. To me it's not necessary. It don't get better than spanking 1k's on a well tuned 600 simply by holding more corner speed. Current 600's have well more than enough drive out of the turns in stock trim. Haha I love my 1k as well, but can you tell I like 600's for the track? B-)

Haha thanks for your critique by looking at the large clear picture of my avatar. Without being too critical, judging from your clearly visible positioning on page 1 I'll take the evaluation pretty lightly.

BTW, drive like what at the track? Wheelies? Where I'm from you'll get thrown out for screwing around like that.

Just wondering, you mentioned regearing your R6 for the track. To me it's not necessary. It don't get better than spanking 1k's on a well tuned 600 simply by holding more corner speed. Current 600's have well more than enough drive out of the turns in stock trim. Haha I love my 1k as well, but can you tell I like 600's for the track? B-)

1. I thought you were done with this thread...

2. No I dont do intentional wheelies. I was refering to what would be considered breaking the law on the streets.

3. The R6 I had wasnt current, it was an 02 and I bought it regeared. Running a bike for hours on end at 8-9k rpms isnt good for it. Figured you didnt know that. Older R6's had sh*t for power down low.

4. Spank on a guy with a liter, see if I give a sh*t. Im sure it makes you feel good when you pass a busa too doesnt it?

1. I thought you were done with this thread...

2. No I dont do intentional wheelies. I was refering to what would be considered breaking the law on the streets.

3. The R6 I had wasnt current, it was an 02 and I bought it regeared. Running a bike for hours on end at 8-9k rpms isnt good for it. Figured you didnt know that. Older R6's had sh*t for power down low.

4. Spank on a guy with a liter, see if I give a sh*t. Im sure it makes you feel good when you pass a busa too doesnt it?

3. Your R6 made max power at 11-13k rpm. Continuous 8-9k is nothing for that motor with a good functioning cooling system.

4. If it's not in a straight line the busa is slow and handles as good as a dry turd.

C'mon dude, I was trying to be cool with you about your R6.

3. Your R6 made max power at 11-13k rpm. Continuous 8-9k is nothing for that motor with a good functioning cooling system.

4. If it's not in a straight line the busa is slow and handles as good as a dry turd.

C'mon dude, I was trying to be cool with you about your R6.

What I was trying to get at is that the R1 can cruise at 3k rpm all day long at 75mph. My R6 didnt have anything wrong with the cooling system and it never went over 175 degrees. It just cant cruise on the highway like an r1. R1 has a longer wheelbase too which helps with the bumps.

I agree with your busa statement.

WELCOME BACK SPARKY!! HAVEN'T SPOKEN TO YOU IN LIKE FOREVER!!!
yer.. i haven't been on much either.. i moved back to finland and i've been on and off.. nice to see another older member back! (hehe and one of the few that's just a hairr older than me to make me feel all young :) )

oh.. and mystahagy holy f*ck.. drop it..
i can't really say a whole lot about sparky to drop it.. cuz you keep bringing it up... it's people like you that f*ckign argue with everything that someone says.. and continues to argue after all is said and done... i've known sparky on this forum for a year and a half.. he's cool.. and he knows what's what... as for you.. well... 2 fists to ya.. one for the good.. one for the bad... AYE LETS LET THIS GO..

Last edited:
Reactions: jlsparky7
WELCOME BACK SPARKY!! HAVEN'T SPOKEN TO YOU IN LIKE FOREVER!!!
yer.. i haven't been on much either.. i moved back to finland and i've been on and off.. nice to see another older member back! (hehe and one of the few that's just a hairr older than me to make me feel all young :) )

i can't really say a whole lot about sparky to drop it.. cuz you keep bringing it up... it's people like you that f*ckign argue with everything that someone says.. and continues to argue after all is said and done... i've known sparky on this forum for a year and a half.. he's cool.. and he knows what's what... as for you.. well... 2 fists to ya.. one for the good.. one for the bad... AYE LETS LET THIS GO..

Nice to see your still on here man. This forum has picked up a lot since we were last on. I cant beleive how many hits my couple how-to threads have! I didnt think they were that good but they are helping a lot of people. Hows the blaster running?

Read further into it, I let it go and things were cool. Don't get your panties in a wad because I argued with your friend. Also next time try not to talk sh*t and then suggest we let it go in the same breath. Guess I better get my post count up for more credibility.

Last edited:
Read further into it, I let it go and things were cool. Don't get your panties in a wad because I argued with your friend. Also next time try not to talk sh*t and then suggest we let it go in the same breath. Guess I better get my post count up for more credibility.

wasn't talking sh*t... 2 fists is a statement that means let's touch knuckles upon a good base... one for the argument, and one for the fun of the future...
eh. anyways... i didn't look at it right i thought you brought it back up, and i owe you an apology...

Last edited:
Nice to see your still on here man. This forum has picked up a lot since we were last on. I cant beleive how many hits my couple how-to threads have! I didnt think they were that good but they are helping a lot of people. Hows the blaster running?

hey spark!! haha yah.. i know eh.. been runnin alright.. i actually have to rebuild it again.. i was running down through one of the fields by my house and i was running full bore and that just ended badly.. had to call one of my buddies to get him w/ a truck.. cuz i don't have my truck anymore.. and the only cars i have are my mas. spyder and a project car im working on.. and they don't tow very well haha.. anyways.. nice to see ya back