Some help for an old fart

knetz

Jul 5, 2011
I recently purchased a 1998 Blaster for the grandkids to ride around on the farm. Only problem I can't get to thing to run well. I know it to be a carb problem but I have no idea where to start. The Blaster is fully stock with the only modification being the Tors unit has been removed.
All of the rebuild info I can find online is for stock carbs with the Tors unit intact.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

The darn thing will fire but dies quickly I guess what I'm looking for is some help on how to rebuild the carb and make all the necessary adjustment to get this thing running. The grandkids are driving me crazy waitng to tear up the fields.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a 1998 Blaster for the grandkids to ride around on the farm. Only problem I can't get to thing to run well. I know it to be a carb problem but I have no idea where to start. The Blaster is fully stock with the only modification being the Tors unit has been removed.
All of the rebuild info I can find online is for stock carbs with the Tors unit intact.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

is the clutch and parking brake switch still intact? check those first, then pull the carb apart and clean it, also if the fuel looks really dirty, pull the petcock out of the tank and clean the screens

Definitely change the fuel if it was sitting for any amount of time.. and check and make sure tors was deleted correctly. Also once you do get it running right. Use a good premium 2 stroke oil. Not a cheap Weed trimmer oil. It will save you in the long run..