Snake Man of Appalachia

caseywoods5

Jul 18, 2010
Mc Roberts, Kentucky
have any of you guys watched the snake man of Appalachia on Animal Planet? he lives like 10-15 mins from my house and i go/went to school with 2 of the 3 daughters. i just thought it would be cool to mention to you guys. it blows my mind that they actually done a tv show in Letcher Co. Kentucky. on episode 2 (just aired tonight) at the end of the episode it shows him driving around a curve with a small dirt driveway to the right. on the other end of the curve is where i go to school, Letcher County Central High School. what do you guys think of the show so far?

yeah it's a new show so i don't expect many of you guys on here to have seen it yet. that's all anybody in school talks about now though so it's kind of necessary for me to watch and see what all places it shows. it showed one place that is like 3 minutes from me but i can't remember if it was episode 1 or 2. i edited it and added in that it comes on animal planet since i forgot when i first posted.

Based on the title of the show I can safely say that I will not be watching. Probably a creepy guy or something. Guess this is a highlight for your town though.

A few years ago we had a mOvie shot here. Secret life of bees. My stepdads old store was in the movie.

Since we are sharing stories.....

My 5th grade teacher's father's house was in "Meet the Parents". They used the pool for the movie and all that good stuff. Thought it was pretty cool.

About the new show, haven't even heard about it. Let us know how it is later on, might be something of interest.

this explains alot casey, this dude possibly bein your kinfolk and all !!!!!
JK bro.
i'll have to check it out

I seen it the other night.Not a bad show but I would rather see him saving the snakes then hearing about how poor they are and how they need money.Lets face it we are all poor and don't need to see tv shows complaining about being poor.He is obviously making something off of the show. Have you seen turtle man??? Now that dude has lost his marbles!!! I think he is from Kentucky also.

I seen it the other night.Not a bad show but I would rather see him saving the snakes then hearing about how poor they are and how they need money.Lets face it we are all poor and don't need to see tv shows complaining about being poor.He is obviously making something off of the show. Have you seen turtle man??? Now that dude has lost his marbles!!! I think he is from Kentucky also.

yeah i know, he says he's poor but he has tons of vehicles, 2 harleys, and a bunch of fourwheelers. and everybody at school liked him after the first episode, but after the second now everybody hates him. he started throwing off on coal and coal is our livelihood around here so that was the end of that. and yeah turtle man is from Lebanon, Kentucky... my family is thinking about planning a trip to Lebanon for the festival turtle man is always in and getting to meet him... turtle man is definitely awesome and he doesn't complain about being "poor"!

yeah i know, he says he's poor but he has tons of vehicles, 2 harleys, and a bunch of fourwheelers. and everybody at school liked him after the first episode, but after the second now everybody hates him. he started throwing off on coal and coal is our livelihood around here so that was the end of that. and yeah turtle man is from Lebanon, Kentucky... my family is thinking about planning a trip to Lebanon for the festival turtle man is always in and getting to meet him... turtle man is definitely awesome and he doesn't complain about being "poor"!

Better start tossing hay bails now and try to beat him in his hay bail toss game.Actually I think he only got 3rd.Hes a funny dude.I understand why snake man doesn't want to go back to coal mining. I know its all you guys really have but lets be honest,it's not the best job safety wise for a one man income and a family to feed.It's all good stuff to me except the poor part.Show me how you are going to make money and don't tell me your poor.lol

Better start tossing hay bails now and try to beat him in his hay bail toss game.Actually I think he only got 3rd.Hes a funny dude.I understand why snake man doesn't want to go back to coal mining. I know its all you guys really have but lets be honest,it's not the best job safety wise for a one man income and a family to feed.It's all good stuff to me except the poor part.Show me how you are going to make money and don't tell me your poor.lol

i don't need to practice cuz i know the turtle man don't want none of this! haha... yeah but throwing off on coal doesn't make his situation any better either. and i know it's not the best job for safety but it's what my family and many others count on. my dad works in the coal mines, my step dad works in the coal mines, i've grown up being supported by coal so of course i'm going to support it. as for my future, i plan on finishing the high school portion of diesel mechanics (2 more hours to take next year and i'm certified), then going to technical school to do the diesel mechanics there.